Jan 5th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #305 Speed Energy/Traxxas/Toyo Tires HST.  The special section of Stage 1 is 180km long. The parade leading up to the start of stage 1 will be televised and we will have coverage here.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2014 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2014 Prep Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: ROSARIO > SAN LUIS

Connection 629km | Special Stage 180km | Total 809km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will wake up early to set off along the road in the region of Cordoba and start the race on some narrow tracks which will require the utmost vigilance. Each one will still be very fresh allowing them to tackle the stony sections or the blind jumps serenely. The competitors’ driving skills will be rewarded at the finish, where they will have already clocked up 800 kilometres. Although the gaps will not be significant at this stage of the race, it is nevertheless important to maintain their position in the part of the standings that they are aiming for!

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 55671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Planet members---RG will make up most of the time---maybe not all of it. The route this year is very tough with some very long specials. There are 2 stages with very fast courses so the chance of RG making up a considerable amount of time is good. You need to remember that there is a small group of legit drivers and they will lose time at different points during the rally. We just need to hope that RG is solid the rest of the way with no mechanical issues

Just like he was after stage 4 last year. How many times did he finish top 5 after that?

Maybe they will all get stuck in the river again.

Oh yeah I forgot, if that happens ASO will just give them a finishing time equal to someone that finishes ahead of Robby.

@redlinetech,I'm glad you are not on my team,we don't give up that easily.You'd need to show heart and work your ass off now.

I may be posting as Mr negativity here but I have to say +1 to you on this one Mike.

+1

I know Mike, but its just too much to take. Especially as a die hard Robby Gordon Fan. I do want to belive its not over and it may not be, but the odds are stacked against us now. RG knows the combo of having a reliable vehicle and making no mistakes wins the Dakar. We cant expect the (current) top 15 having a 3 hour mishap down the (rally) road. I was and still am really surprised with the HST design. Even the ramp jump looked a bit awkward with the front wheels almost going thru the fenders and the rear bouncing up and down. I hope Team Dakar is gonna figure out the issues and win every stage from now on. They deserve it.

Don't worry about the jump. The suspension was what it was. I think they know what they are doing. Yes, the odds are steep, but with 12 stages left, there is a lot of time that can be made up with a fast car.

Here is RG after the special section..under his own power

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that they are still listing him as driving a HUMMER.

On the good side he in not in last place now Chabot is in behind him.

A NEW PROYECT ONLY 1.500 KMS OF TEST I DONT WAITING BEST RESULTS FOR ME THE MISSION ITS COMPLETE THE RALLY AND WIN A LOT OF STAGES

I'm thinking naming it the HST was a bad idea. Damn thing got hot and Hst! all the way too the finish...........

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service