Jan 5th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #315 Speed Energy/Mapei/Toyo Tires Hummer. Support during the rally will come from the #544 & #550 BOUCOU team. The special section of Stage 1 is VERY SHORT, only 13km long. The parade leading up to the start of stage 1 will be televised and we will have coverage here. So join us at 8:00am/et on Jan 5th. Robby Gordon is slated to begin his special section at 2:30pm/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: LIMA > PISCO

Connection 250km | Special Stage 13km | Total 263km

COURSE OVERVIEW

It won’t be long before competitors will be singled out, but for the moment, the mini special stage organised on the outskirts of Pisco will principally be used to divide up the drivers into categories according to their level, who in turn will reassemble during the rally. The initial stage won’t be as stiff as the drink that made the region famous, but the picture postcard landscape is especially appealing. The concentration required over the several timed kilometres will still allow the competitors to admire the scenery. Nevertheless, the light-hearted attitude and relaxed driving style adopted by the competitors during this first day must not mislead them: the Dakar has really begun.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 21282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

he was down 12 min. on the first stage before long stage 2 tomorrow lets see

GORDON HAVING PROBLEMS ALREADY????????? OMG HE IS MY FAVORITE RACER BUT HE NEEDS TO STOP TRASH TALKING AND PUT MORE ATTENTION IN RACING AND HAVING EVERYTHING READY.

I agree too much trash talk .I think Carma got him today

and peter pan

Robby Gordon (Hummer) laid on a dune (FRANCK FIFE / AFP)

Lodger before the rally, Robby Gordon did not take long to become disillusioned. The American lost the Dakar on the first thirteen kilometers due to a transmission problem.

The Hummer has more bottle than the buggy Al-Attiyah and Sainz but youth has the power temporarily. Minutes after the festival two cars of Team Red Bull Qatar (Sainz and Al-Attiyah passed the first and third best time in the first step, note), Robby Gordon has lost more than a smile and jokes. After four kilometers, the attack of a dune, the Californian became trapped. Blocked at the top of this mound of sand, the Hummer had no other choice but to engage reverse. The couple's phenomenal buggy U.S. was right pinion gearbox.

A pinion 31'45 "
Because of this mishap, Gordon is off to 10'35 "late scratch on Carlos Sainz is 31'45" overall with the coefficient applied to the first stage . Upon arrival, the former NASCAR champion remained a philosopher. "It's like that, it's the Dakar!" The bill is still heavy for a 13 kilometer prologue. No doubt Gordon will try everything to offer another picture of his Hummer. On the track or off the show is his best specialty.

http://www.francetvsport.fr/gordon-ne-rigole-plus-134586

Knowing I am extremely biasd here, but the writer sounds like they are enjoying this way too much! c'mon Robby it's time for a come back for the ages!! GAS ON ROBBY!!

This sucks a whole bunch of sand...

Thanks Jaci

Wellp

I'm so sad for RG but 30mn is nothing. You can still win it.

cup half full ... like it!

the good new's is the engines not blown up.
the biv. is at the finishline,so the guys probably have a new transmission mostly installed by now.
we'll know in the morning where Robby will start,the good news is we're racing the clock.
Tomorrows stage is short appr.150miles (242K) the terrain skirts the mountain range.Nevada'ish

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service