Jan 4th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #308 Speed Energy/Traxxas/Toyo Tires Gordini. The special section of Stage 1 is 170km long. Robby Gordon start time: 8:56am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2015 Prep Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: BUENOS AIRES > VILLA CARLOS PAZ

Connection 663km | Special Stage 170km | Total 833km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will be rapidly plunged into the heart of the Argentinean countryside. The combination of the route’s different features means that there will be something for everyone, while sticking to relatively simple criteria, for the time being. Fast tracks coupled with sharp bends will divide up the vehicles, according to the levels of the drivers, who will be tested in an exciting environment which marks this first special stage, but without singling out any particular category. At the end of this warm-up, the day will fi nish with a long liaison section to the first bivouac.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 18987

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He was the 9th car off the line I believe at 3 minute intervals.

Go-Go
5 stars

From @Deewanderer Yes sir!! #dakar2015 we are moving to the front! The plan is to take it easy and move in for the kill in the later stages. Finished 3rd and the car is running great. #argentina #teamtoyo

I can't even imagine how great Robby must feel after such a strong start compared to last year! I'm not sure, but I believe this is his best start of the Dakar?! I remember him saying what a different race it is when you're not playing catch up! I don't think his competition has seen this RG! I know, its only the first day, but not digging out of a huge hole right out of the shoot is new to him and us!! Take deep breath, plan the work, work the plan!! Gas on!!!

No, he won the first stage his first DAKAR!

I stand corrected!! I wasn't a fan at the time.... Frankly I had never heard of the race!
Yeah, but that was with Red Bull and not his own team....So still Kickass!

All is well........feels funky not to have a stick up my ass about anything but hey winning has a creamy feeling to it so to dig the smooth you had to take the rough. a minute ...and change ..ehhh

136 300 ROMA NANI (ESP) 14:28:37 03:56:37 03:47:59

Nani made cp1 03:47:59 back.

Looks like Nasser will have a water carrier.

right

All three of the Peugeots finished behind their starting positions today, so I suspect they had orders not to push things.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service