Jan 4th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #308 Speed Energy/Traxxas/Toyo Tires Gordini. The special section of Stage 1 is 170km long. Robby Gordon start time: 8:56am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2015 Prep Photos

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: BUENOS AIRES > VILLA CARLOS PAZ

Connection 663km | Special Stage 170km | Total 833km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will be rapidly plunged into the heart of the Argentinean countryside. The combination of the route’s different features means that there will be something for everyone, while sticking to relatively simple criteria, for the time being. Fast tracks coupled with sharp bends will divide up the vehicles, according to the levels of the drivers, who will be tested in an exciting environment which marks this first special stage, but without singling out any particular category. At the end of this warm-up, the day will fi nish with a long liaison section to the first bivouac.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 18987

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gas on Robby !

This is all just great, and my team started well. So begins my annual beginning of the year scrounging the internet for all the Dakar tidbits I can find and thus annoying my wife to no end!

That's a great vid!! It amazes me that nobody gets hit by one of the race cars....

Drunks walking across the road

A fantastic start! Last year we were 2 hours 8mins down after stage 1 so RG must be delighted with the start. I really think more of the same next couple of stages. I think we all know the stages where RG will make the big push.

We all know Robby's best stage 1 was 2005 with VW on his very first Dakar. With his own team it's 2012 with 5th place. His stage 2 result in '12 was 3rd. Fingers crossed!

Did any one else catch the dakar update on eurosport about an hour ago? Those Peugeot's look horrible on the 90 degree corners but the gordini carry's so much speed!
I was worried about the amount of manufacturers entered this year, and that Robby was going to struggle but its looking VERY good for him this year, GO ROBBY

Agreed! Stephane and Carlos did not sound overly confident when speaking after the stage. Should hopefully be an interview with Robby on the later programme on Eurosport. Nasser looks awful fast as usual. I would love to see Carlos in a Gordini though.

Nassar always looks fast; early on. Re Sainz, he only goes where the big bucks are.

Today stage looked like a wrc type stage from what i saw, so Mini and the Toyota's should of had an advantage. Hopefully when things open up and the gordini gets to stretch its legs it will end up on top. I get the feeling that Robby would love to beat Nassar more than most.
I hear the point about Sainz and cash and lets face it, i doubt he'll have to pay for a ride for a long time

Top WRC driver who only drive for top dollar winning teams, which is why we all want RG as team owner, driver and builder of the Gordini to Smoke them Mini's !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service