Jan 3rd, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 3rd during stage 2 & Nasser Al Attiyah won the stage. Al Attiyah begins this stage at 10:18am/et & Gordon starts his at 10:24am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: San Rafael > San Juan

Connection 291km | Special Stage 208 | Total 499km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The Andes Cordillera, ever-present throughout the 2012 Dakar, is very demanding for the drivers. The crossing of rivers and the many holes and stones that the drivers will have to avoid during the day's special stage, will make the terrain particularly gruelling. The sturdiness of the engines will be put to the test if the drivers do not remain attentive. But the altitude and the reliefs provide both magnificent landscapes, with every shade of red possible, and small acrobatic challenges, such as a steep climb that the motorcyclists will definitely have to finish in first gear.

Views: 8044

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have been watching Eurosport on www.p2p4u.net / firstrowsport.tv?

I live in the UK, so I have the channel on my television.

oh cool, that is the best channel. I have been watching Dakar on it through above website. I noticed the commercials are short and I like the commentator.

I agree. His name is Carlton Kirby, he's got a good sense of humour and he always credits Robby.

Looks like Coma got the bad map book today.
Took car/truck path at end and lost 13 min.

So can anyone tell me the Diff between WPA and WPF?

These 2 do not Jive with me.

19:18 Cars: Holowczyc and Roma in the lead!
Spaniard Juan “Nani” Roma (Mini) has just grabbed the best finish of the day with a total time over the 208 km of the special of 2:26’51”. He finished 1’09” ahead of Polish driver Krzysztof Holowczyc (Mini), followed by the two Hummers and Peterhansel, who loses the lead in the general standings to the Polish driver. Holowczyc now leads Gordon by 54”, De Villiers by 1’40” and Roma by 1’50”.

19:01 Cars: The Hummers on top at the finishing line
Three cars have finished the stage and for the moment Nasser Al-Attiyah is the quickest with a time of 2:28’20”, 39” quicker than his team-mate Robby Gordon and 4’54” ahead of Stephane Peterhansel

Makes sense if you look at the start times but the way they were posted seems backwards.

I have some questions that may have been answered in previous threads but I never found them. If they are easy answers please let me know, otherwise I will keep digging up prior threads.
1. Truck on boat? Customs issue or did the boat sink?
2. Fuel Energy?
3. What's the difference in WPA and WPF?
Gas on Robby!!

#3: I'm not sure on the terminology or abreviations, but they appear to be the same place. The 300 Hummer shows a time of 2:28:20 to both WPA and WPF, and Robby's 303 shows 2:28:59 for both.

Other support truck still on boat because Nasser was a late deal getting put together. Will be there on the 4th or 5th.
Agrentina already has a SPEED energy.

I kindly request that as a show of respect to the other competitors & new & past members , we try not to "play on words" other competitors names. Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service