Jan 18th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 13 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 13 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in Stage 12 , and is now 16th overall. Gordon will get a great starting spot for stage 13 in an attempt to win his second stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 13 at 10:06am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section at 10:09am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally.

2013 Photos

STAGE 13 TRACKING

STAGE 13: COPIAPO > LA SERENA

Connection 294km | Special Stage 441km | Total 735km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The schedule has taken the meteorological characteristics of the area into account. The “Camanchaca” will be very dense during the first part of the morning. So it will only be once this stubborn fog has lifted that the first motorcyclists will set off to tackle the last dunes of the rally. The sandy part, where an attack is still feasible, represents a third of the special stage. To discover the end of the stage, the competitors will have to head south, on wide tracks which can nevertheless conceal stones which can shatter dreams. When they reach La Serena where the rally’s last bivouac will be situated, they will be awarded highly prized additional points.

Views: 9116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was like, WTF, haha, good one, haha, MM fought back, haha

Awesome job by Robby, Kellon and Team Gordon. RG has raced like a champ since the disaster in Stage 4. The coverage here on the Planet has been great.. The videos and pics are amazing.... Kudos to TOG and the other Planet staffers. I can't wait until next year's Rally as it appears the Hummer is completely dialed in and competitive as ever...

I bet the Hummer is history after this year. The FIA buggies seem to have become pretty fast. They are built to what sounds like a better set of specs and Robby needs to think about building one. Or two.

Well we got one! Congratulations Robby, Kellon and team! Tomorrow should be fun. Kellon get's his final exam - no tracks to follow. Chicherit is gunning for you, but you guys are getting faster. You guys did not disappoint this year. You still brought the show. Thank you and good luck tomorrow!

Robby/Kellon cut most of the trails today as they started 2nd and overtook Roma by WP3.
Should be a great run tomorrow.

We got 2 stage wins not 1 . 3rd is soon to come :~)

Yep! #3 on the way! Gas On!

THEY RACING SUNDAY?

no

It would be nice to know a little about the rest of the team, I know that they are working their tails off keeping the 315 in the rally. How many people are on the support team? What are their names and duties? They deserve some recognition.
Maybe I missed this info somewhere. Keep up the good work team. (including Planet Robby)

I think it was last year. The Planet posted a video of Robby's crew changing a transmission. The camera man was under the car with the mechanics. The guys were kidding about Robby being punch drunk, or something like that. It was a great piece.

I wish there was a way to make money from the thousand small stories that make up the Dakar, at least enough to pay for the reporters' trip.

I've looked elsewhere for other videos on the Dakar. They are out there, but not in English.

There are many great videos from this year. My favorite is the Stage-4 endo. I commend Robby for allowing this to be shared. It makes you nervous watching it, but it also shows that Robby is the real deal. He is not a facade. He's willing to have us share in his mistakes and his victories.

The stage-4 endo was the game changer for this Dakar, as we all know. After this, the team had to dig deeper and identify different objectives for remaining in the competition. None quite as kingly as 1rst overall, but objectives still deserving of a kick ass effort. I am so glad Robby and team stayed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service