Jan 17th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 12 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 12 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded his first win in  Stage 11 , but remains 19th overall. Gordon will get the holeshot for stage 12 in an attempt to win his second stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 12 at 10:08am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section at 10:08am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally.

2013 Photos

STAGE 12 TRACKING

STAGE 12: FIAMBALA > COPIAPO

Connection 396km | Special Stage 319km | Total 715km

COURSE OVERVIEW

This time the competitors will cross the Andes Cordillera from east to west, by the Paso San Francisco, and return to the Atacama Desert to experience every kind of difficulty that exists in a long-distance rally. The major sections of dunes are situated right in the centre of the special stage: the participants will have to climb the “cathedral” dunes and avoid entering the basins which are just as big. It won’t be any easier on the tracks, where rocks and stones, despite being scattered around, can immediately bring the fastest of them to a halt. Those who reach Copiapó with a perfect performance will score points for the overall standings.

Views: 10477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dunes: I sense another RG stage win

I think we all need to give some love to Robby's crew, the car prep seems better than it has ever been and they have worked their arses off. Great job team all around for giving it your all to push the Speed brand and show future investors that the hummer is legit. Hopefully with this proven reliability so far we can get another premium driver for Dakar 2014.

Amen Brad those guys work their asses off .

That's a great point!! They work there ass's off and it shows. I'm sure they're Mcgyver skills kick ass too! I would like to know about the crew...

I agree with you Dave. TOG, WJM, Mike - could we get a thread about the crew on the Dakar trip.
Pics...mini bios...responsibilities...etc. Would like to know more.
AND a way to express our gratitude and THANKS for all they do for OUR Hero....Rrrrrooby

Also BIG THANKS to you guys for the great content, pics and video for us to enjoy.

+10

maybe we can get Kevin Wilson to do that?!

I never forget, any racing is a TEAM Sport.
The hardest workers are usally the unsung heros

Fast and smooth is paying off, Robby is driving a disaplened race and doing well because of it, I've been wondering where he would be in the standings if we were able to deduct the time he was down in stage 4?

Without the flop on the head he would be 5hr and 5 min closer. Would be 2nd. Place

The team report starts here.........until updated I'd like to say more!
http://speedenergy.com/speed/speed-team/speed-girls/

Deduct another 20 or 30 for stage 1 and he'd be right there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service