Jan 16th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a 20th place finish in stage 10, and is still looking to capture his first stage win of the rally. Robby Gordon will begin stage 11 at 8:15am/et

2014 Stage 10 Photos

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: ANTOFAGASTA > EL SALVADOR

Connection 144km | Special Stage 605km | Total 749km

COURSE OVERVIEW

In addition to the distance, here the competitors will be put to the test by all the difficulties offered by the Atacama Desert… and will have to display all the qualities required for off-road races. After the mine tracks and the many rivers to cross, the competitors will have to distinguish themselves in the heart of the Dunes of Copiapo: the fastest motorcyclists are expected to spend seven hours behind the wheel. Needless to say that on this decisive day there will be no shortage of opportunities for competitors to make a winning comeback in the race. This will be the key stage of the 2014 edition.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 49301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We appreciate the work TOG
No news is good news, as they say...

TOG, appreciate all that you do on this site.
Was just curious if anything was relayed on what the issue was.
Definitely not trying to shoot the messenger here.

no animosity to the messanger!!! Thank you sooo much for all the missing info you have given throughout this adventure.

Do you have to use your original cell? (note to self four spare cells on quick connects)

When it comes to the Dakar, it's probably OK to assume that if it's not one thing it's going to be another. But it seems like we've just had too many darned "things" for any one person to endure. Props for Robby and the gang for managing to put up with as many of them as they have. There may have been a lot of F-bombs along the way, but it still shows a huge amount of character, and that's why so many, both here and down there remain fans.

AMEN !!

+1

makes you wonder if SST would be more successful down there,

Agree. I've never seen Robby so positive. Maybe he's turned a leaf or maybe he knew what he was getting into.
That's 1 of the many reasons I've always loved Robby . He never gives up and fights for everything he believes in . No one can ever say Robby had stuff handed to him . He's kicked , bit , clawed and scratched for everything he's earned .
Question about vehicle choices. I think I heard Robby or someone else say that BJ's choice of a buggy for the Dakar wasn't the wisest. What makes a Trophey Truck the right choice for Baja, a "truggy" the right choice for Best In The Desert and the Gordini the right choice for Dakar?
Would the Gordini be effective in Baja or Best In The Desert? If so, bring it back and work the bugs out.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service