Jan 15th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 10 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 10 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a very nice 4th place finish in Stage 9 and moved up to 19th overall. Gordon is still down over 5 hours in the overall, but will get yet another good starting spot in an attempt to win his first stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 10 at 8:43am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 8:55am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally.

2013 Photos

STAGE 10 TRACKING

STAGE 10: CORDOBA > LA RIOJA

Connection 279km | Special Stage 353km | Total 632km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The masters of the handlebars and the steering wheel will be most at ease when faced with the challenge of the day. Although the cars and trucks will be separated from the motorcycles, their respective programmes will have similar features. Winding tracks will be interspersed with fast ones, as the competitors pass through a succession of landscapes from wooded areas to barren plateaux. The whole setting may remind the most open-minded participants of Ireland in some places!

Views: 6787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good one
first time I heard it

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

I think that untested design hauled ass until he hit a big tree. Driver error, not anything to do with the design of the car.

Now they say they never hit a tree, that it was a water pump problem,. or rear wheel hub.

Can't you just replace a water pump?

@kevin,remember the pic's of the engine shoehorned in?and the comment that it take forever to service anything on the nose of the engine. PP

Plus you'd have to have had a water pump aboard. Not a common failure. But you bring up a point that may favor the rear engine vs. mid-engine configuration---serviceability.

What I was getting at is since he was only 4 KM from the finish couldn't he have been towed back and have had the pump replaced to race again today. Guessing it just wasn't the pump.

remember the old days when the spark plug was blamed for everything?
why did the plug fail? The rod crushed it before it came thru the block.

LOL. I remember that. That's pretty old MK.

Im not a fan of demon but you have to acknowledge they built a fast car. They did better than I hoped.
Who cares what happened bottom line is the jackass is gone now for the minis .

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service