Jan 12th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 9 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 9 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon start time: 7:37am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 8:49am/et.

STAGE 9 TRACKING

STAGE 9: BELEN > BELEN

Connection 111km | Special Stage 285km | Total 396km

COURSE OVERVIEW

This loop stage will not really be one for motorbikes and quad bikes, which will finish the first part of this second marathon stage in an isolated bivouac. Prior to this they will have spent the day, alongside the drivers in the other categories, almost entirely off-piste, both in the vegetation-scattered dunes and on harder terrains, sometimes on river beds. Physically, the day might prove to be a significant challenge, as the mercury soars. The hardiest drivers will also be those who are the most clear headed, able to make the right navigational choices, a major challenge of this special section.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 23365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The system is doing ok, Peter, forgiven by default,. RG Penalty given by default,. all good.

I knew this was going nowhere, this is my only post regarding it

I love this girl. "Finally we’ve seen a true Dakar stage. This is how the Dakar should be, I don’t understand why they’ve cut the SS9. Dakar has always been hard, we don’t have to lower the bar now to make sure that all the bikes make the arrival on time. https://www.facebook.com/Laiasanzfanpage/posts/951061461637030

frogs looking for a "safe space"...........don't forget if it wasn't for the US they'd be speaking German....she was the only girl that made the rip to the tip while some guys didn't....

US and Everyone else. 80% of that Nasty war was fought between Germany and Russia

+10

Good for her. No sissy

The future of Ning

Remember this isn't TOG's fault. We are free to make fun of Ning right?

Any word on Carroll Gittere today? The tracker showing him still on course.

Still don't see CR finishing??
Cool guy, met him pre runnung the 500, He was qualifying for Dakar.
Spoke with him again at V2R and he told me he had just got the bike and that was his maiden voyage
on the Husky.
Hope he is well!!

Any ideas on why it says Sheldon has been expelled ?
Attachments:

I just saw that, too. No idea. I know the car looked like shit when he took the start or maybe he did a Nasser (2009) and blazed his own path to the end of the special.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service