Jan 12th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a disappointing 21st place finish in stage 6, and is now 21st overall. Robby Gordon will begin stage 7 at 7:58am/et

2014 Rest Day Photos

STAGE 7 TRACKING

STAGE 7: SALTA > SALTA

Connection 230km | Special Stage 533km | Total 763km

COURSE OVERVIEW

This mega loop with a 500-km long special stage on the agenda will test the teams’ ability to adapt to changes of pace. After stony terrains at the beginning of the day, some top speeds will be recorded in the second part of the stage, and then the drivers’ road techniques will be tested, and all of this at an average altitude of almost 3,500m. To end this highly emotional day, they will have to cross a vast salt flat extending over twenty or so kilometres: a straight stretch which will make the competitors’ heads spin.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 35761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you see that?

Is it in english?

Yeah I heard that he bumped and run a lot of people today. Hashtags are coming.

Where?

sentinel problem may be .... when BJ running liker he run today `..... that the least you can expect !

Also, I have a feeling the cars today didn't go across the salt lake itself at all; out of all the footage and pictures I've seen from today, I've seen nothing of them going across the salt lake itself, but more like on the outskirts of it. The Dakar.com map profile of the stage must have been pretty off/skewed.

I think the salt was wp 10&11

If they did cross it, then I'm really surprised no video footage or pictures from today showed the cars crossing the salt lake, as I assume the video of the cars crossing would look pretty flippin' epic.

From the recap on the front page it sounds like the salt was wet and they didn't let them go out there.

6 more Stages to go....hopefully RG can pull a rabbit out of his....(you know what) and make a tidy finish to this bear of a Rally called "The Dakar"!
Here's wishing them all the luck.

Thanks TOG.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service