Jan 12th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 4th in stage 10 & is now down over 19 minutes in the overall standings. Cars begin stage 11 at 7:44am/et (9:44am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: Arica > Arequipa

Connection 120km | Special Stage 478km | Total 598km

COURSE OVERVIEW

For the Dakar's first day in their country, Peruvians will be entitled to two special stages and additional kilometres for the motorcyclists. After a day spent switching between off-piste sections and areas interspersed with rivers, they will benefit from a moment of camaraderie?: a specific bivouac will be set up for them before they continue exploring Peru. The concept, which had not been tried out again since the camp of Foum Zguid in Morocco during the 2007 Dakar, will also create a major obstacle which will affect the management of the race. The assistance vehicles will not be authorized in the maintenance area, where only the motorcyclists and quad riders will be able to help each other.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 16171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope he catches Peterhensel and forgets about the button!

Better yet, hold hard on the button as he pushes the Mini off the road.

Thanks for the support, I'm cool just got to breath see ya in a few :-))

Haha. Same thing i was thinking. I don't have access to chat and i was bummed about it but according to Wally it sounds terrible, haha.
People will always be drawn to negative press. Can't allow themselves to get excited. Today is a great day!

Current standings at KM135 of 478 1) GORDON 2) Peterhansel +2m52s 3) Roma +4m20s 4) Dos Santos +6m8s 5) De Villiers +8m10s

Robby just keeps on trying no matter what! That is why I am a fan. He never seizes to amaze me with his ability to bounce back from what ever is thrown at him. He just wants to race and entertain us, no matter the consequences. He will never become a corporate robot with "canned" interviews. He is the ultimate underdog. He can and will win this rally even if it's not official. I will send him his trophy.

any updates roma and peter are at cp5

I think it is interesting that the "Live Comments" tab on the Dakar tracking site is rather quiet. The only thing to say would be about Robby, couldn't do that now...

We will see something now on live comments!.. reporting only on robbys problems

My thoughts exactly...

Lost 8 min wp3 to wp4

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service