Jan 12th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 4th in stage 10 & is now down over 19 minutes in the overall standings. Cars begin stage 11 at 7:44am/et (9:44am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: Arica > Arequipa

Connection 120km | Special Stage 478km | Total 598km

COURSE OVERVIEW

For the Dakar's first day in their country, Peruvians will be entitled to two special stages and additional kilometres for the motorcyclists. After a day spent switching between off-piste sections and areas interspersed with rivers, they will benefit from a moment of camaraderie?: a specific bivouac will be set up for them before they continue exploring Peru. The concept, which had not been tried out again since the camp of Foum Zguid in Morocco during the 2007 Dakar, will also create a major obstacle which will affect the management of the race. The assistance vehicles will not be authorized in the maintenance area, where only the motorcyclists and quad riders will be able to help each other.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 16171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was eating my freedom fries and it dawned on me, get Jerry Lewis down to Peru quick.
Send me a message if you don't get that and we'll keep it our little secret.

I was hoping to find out what time I needed to get up in the morning

they haven't listed start times for any of them, but I am thinking the special section begins at 6:03am/et for Robby Gordon.

UPDATE: Gordon starts at 6:11am/et

TOG do you ever get any rest?

Naw, this is his life... :-)

He is the Stig, he doesn't sleep.

I've been saying TOG is the stig for a while now
He survives on SPEED LOL
TOG is people of many talents
Feel so bad for RG, hopefully he has a great day tomorrow morning. Either way this plays out, it is great to see what RGM is capable of as a team

Robby, press on regardless! To bad Nassar was a wuss and went home.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service