Jan 11th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 11th in Stage 5, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 21st. The special section of Stage 8 is 393km. Robby Gordon start time: 7:26am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 7:48am/et.

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: SALTA > BELEN

Connection 373km | Special Stage 393km | Total 766km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The change of terrain which marks the entry into the second part of the rally should also mark a change in programme for the drivers, who will face the first dune sections of the 2016 edition. Experts in dunes crossing will have an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and even gain an advantage. They will also notice the navigational difficulties which have been introduced this year to complicate their existence. Louds of minutes could be lost by vehicles blocked in the sand.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 39856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes

Nope I'm here bud I've been popping in and out every once in awhile . Glad to know I was missed lol . Been following on Twitter , RDC and here . Last post I posted was about the Ford Powered Gordini , you all know I'm a big Ford guy . I'd go NUTS LOL . Everything is well here , been busy with holiday stuff , going to Bandit and Sabre games and of course my RC projects lol

KNOCK KNOCK ??
RACE DAY PLANETEERS =)

Good mornin' you all .

good morning

Good morning from California

this is how the morning is starting

07:30

A little bit late

As the bikers head to the start of the special, a traffic jam has formed after 97 kilometres at the police outpost on the entrance to the Los Cardones national park through which the link stage passes. The law enforcement officers are not letting anyone through, but this situation should not last too long…

07:39

Little by little

At last, the situation is improving at the entrance to the national park. The local law enforcement authorities are letting the riders through in bunches. Whilst this has led to an extra pause before the special, the main consequence of this slow passage is the delay incurred by the competitors. Consequently, the start of the bike special has been put back slightly.

bikes start the special

The day's proceedings have been kicked off for the bikes with Antoine Meo starting the special. Currently, 8 bikes are on the timed section. The riders who got held up at the entrance to the national park are continuing to arrive. As mentioned previously, the bike special has started later than planned, with a delay of 40 minutes

it appears the bike started 40mins late this morning

Robby.... LET THAT DOG HUNT TODAY !!! Dont take any prisioners >>>

mike you are a sick man ..lol
Fortunate we all are to have you on this board .

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service