Jan 11th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from stage 8 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. This is the second half of the Marathon stage. The special section of stage 8 is 781km long. Robby Gordon start time: 5:25am/et, and he will be the 9th car off the line. After a 9th place finish in stage 7, Gordon sits 23rd in the overall standings, 5h48m behind. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 7 Photos

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: UYUNI > IQUIQUE

Connection 24km | Special Stage 781km | Total 805km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The Dakar bows to the laws of nature. Hence, the weather will decide which route will be taken to leave Bolivia. If it’s dry, the start could take place in the Salar de Uyuni, for a 100km route across a smooth road of white salt: full throttle and foot to the floor! The route then slows down abruptly, with the longest part of the special stage taking place on more technical mountain terrain. The day will end with more than 40km of dunes, concluding with the vertiginous descent to Iquique.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 27001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, 127,000+ views of that video since yesterday !!!

We have a great gang here on the Planet, but there are clearly some other big Robby factions out there too.

Found this awesome pic on Twitter
Attachments:

This guy's got the vibe down alright !

Nice!
Where's Bruno these days?

I want a t-shirt with that on it.

Make one. I've done it with a couple I've liked.

If you have (or have access to) a decent computer printer you can get printable iron on paper. Print it (reversed) & iron it on. Works great. I have one I made the first year he went with the Jim Beam Hummer and it's still good.

Thank you Speed Freak 7 !!!
Our car :)) Stop talking about the Hummers fixing some things to Gordini in 2016 we can be in top 3...
Attachments:

Dakar has some sweet horizon shots from yesterday up....

It appears there's another orange vehicle out there but there's too much decal on the door to be Robby... need someone elses discerning eyes to see if they think these 2 are Robby or not.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service