No racing on Saturday, January 11th. Stage 7 of the 2014 Dakar Rally is on Sunday, January 12th. Even though it's rest day, the crew will finally have a full day to work on the HST. We'll have photos & updates from the team on rest day.

Views: 2724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Redesign on the fly. Awesome.

Glad to see that 100% chance of rain has held off!

Most likely from yesterday afternoon. The guy on the far left is staking down the ground covering still and most of the pictures from other teams show rain today.

Rain you say?

Attachments:

It's raining there right now.

Stage 6 team video going up here soon. RG explains a few changes being made on raceday.

Bummer. I was hoping

WHO THE HELL ARE THESE ASS CLOWNS ON THIS RACING INSIDERS SHOW ON MAVTV ? If he knew 1/2 of what he was saying he'd be a genius . Talking bout how on just day 1 Robby was already out of contention . How the problem with American drivers in Dakar is that they attack it like an offroad race then stated that it wasn't an offroad race . What an assclown obliviously don't know shit ! Guess the guys name is Bill Wood .

I was cursing the TV also, I now worry what Michelle's first sentence will be.

The fellow working on the hood is cutting the vents open that were solid, so it will cool in the front.

With luck this will permit rear deck to be re-fitted, restoring the aerodynamics. Retaining the mid-mounted radiators would allow the forward radiator to be bypassed if damaged, dropping the rear deck and proceeding as per the prior stages. Should allow more aggressive use of the throttle!

Yes weight could be a factor, although the aluminum radiators themselves are fairly light. At 8 pounds per gallon for the water, a couple gallons may not be too prohibitive a weight penalty. I noted on the SMG site that those buggies had a fuel capacity of 140 gallons---1,000 pounds of fuel!! I would expect the Gordini to be similar, although fuel needs would be calculated for each stage, and not always at capacity. So a couple extra gallons of water shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just hope there's no hassle with "scrutineering" and rules at this point in the event.

I'd take the 30lb's at this point vs constant over heating the engine,JMO

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service