Jan 10th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a rally best 3rd place finish in stage 5, and  is now 19th overall. The first part of the special section of stage 6 is 186km, followed by a 134km 'neutral zone', then the last section is 104km (424km total). Robby Gordon will begin stage 6 at 8:51am/et

2014 Stage 5 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: TUCUMAN > SALTA

Connection 270km | Special Stage 424km | Total 694km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Once they have left Tucuman, the cars will head north and drive along part of the renowned Ruta 40, and continue on in the heart of one of Argentina’s most beautiful landscapes. The possibilities to widen the gap will be limited but the most skilled drivers may be able to seize the opportunity of adding a stage to their list of wins. A new trip to the mountains will take motorcyclists to the banks of the rivers. They will have to remain vigilant until the very end of the stage as the region is frequented to a great extent by animals of all sizes. Then they will finally be able to rest.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 21851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bummer Will, never do you no when it's time. Hoping he was at least doing what he loved

Yes, Coma in. Laia lost a bunch of time.

It took me a while to figure out WP6&7 are ackbasswards on the tracker!

Hi Jaci - two-two your guy? Look at yesterday's tracking and it looks like Laia & Depres had a rendezvous between wp5 and the finish - an hour long and not a quickie.

Stage 6 top 5 at KM156 of 424 (WP5)

1) Peterhansel
2) Terranova +2m37s
3) De-Villiers +3m5s
4) Roma +3m10s
5) Al-Attiyah +3m19s

21) GORDON +14m44s

We won't get the next scoring update until KM320 (WP6) - Good time to take a break.

Chat worky popped out ... Chat no work now .. Must have popped in!

I dunno about you guys... but i think the old hummer was faster and better looking. Or maybe it wasn't hummer terrain yet?

but we must bear in mind that the H3 had years of preparation, this project is new, but the truth is not faster than a mini is the truth if you have not already made ​​a difference because robby gordon is the best driver all mini pilots together.

They are working out some issues so he isn't pushing the HST hard...yet!!!

should have the same engine because that engine H3 HST does not work, the rest is part of the structure of the HTS, Siberia to buy back the old hummer

I think the mods to become FIA compliant were far more involved that was anticipated.
Not the LS7 itself but all the bolt on BS.

Just my 2 cents worth.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service