Looks as Danica be attempting the Daytona 500 in 2012. What number will she use? If RGM is not in the top 35 with the #7, would the number be on the market? If so what could be the asking price for the limited cup races she's planning.

Maybe a partnership/support deal to use the same cars as Tony, Ryan and Danica in 2012. There would be room for a fourth team under a SHR? Or a deal just like the 78 and RCR. Work smarter, not harder.

Keep selling Speed Energy! Gas On RGM.

Views: 6449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The last time the #10 was used, was by Stovola/Labonte Racing last year, which I believe has gone under.
I totally forgot that team was supposed to be on the grid this year, they looked like they had promise too pretty much being a 5th RCR team.

Here is the reality of it though....
In Cup:
RWI = 77
RGM = 177

Or in NNS:
SHR = 9
Kenny Wallace = 09
Ambrose = 009

If SHR really want the #7 for Danica in Cup then all they have to do is register it as #07, #007, or #107 & and race that RGM does not enter the #7 or does not make the race then SHR/Danica can run their car as #7. In races where RGM would be running then SHR/Danica would have to run another number such as #07.

People can do that with the #8 & #3 if they want too. I mean I'm sure NASCAR might throw a fit and make the person run #03 but legally according to NASCAR rules a team can register #03, #003, #103, #203, etc with the intention of racing the car as #3 and there is nothing that RCR can do to stop it unless they enter #3.

Heck just looking at it now at Montreal RGM officially was not #77 they were #277.
$57 for that thing? geez
Laura thats pretty cool thanks for sharing it!
Robby keep the 7. Who gives a damn what number Danica drives.
IMHO....I believe we will see Danica Patrick running the #7 next year in the Daytona 500. RG, by saying it is not for sale, is setting himself up for a big payday. Danica & GoDaddy are associated with the #7. RG is not. RGM has run the 7, 55, 04, 07, and 77. RG has driven multiple numbers over his career. I don't see how he has built his brand around the #7. From what I've seen, there is no association between Speed and the #7. Yes, it makes for a nice story that he's the only true owner-driver left driving the same number that Alan Kuwicki (and Geoff Bodine) did. But RGM can continue to move on unfeathered with either the 07 or 77 or whatever number he wants. Danica & GoDaddy have built their maketing around the #7....she's associated with that number. And don't think for a minute that Nascar doesn't want her to have that number too. Anyway, my opinion (you heard it hear first).
I associate her more with the #16 (the number she almost won the Indy 500 with) moreso then the #7. Actually when I really think about it before she decided she wanted to come to NASCAR I didn't honestly know what car number she ran. Their Brand/Image is more about Danica in a bright green GoDaddy car then it is about the car number in my honest opinion.
@DefLefty.... I pretty much agree with you. I see what Robby said about maybe a tie in with 7-11 in the future and that may be true. And it may just be horseshit and gunsmoke to jack the price up. I also understand the deal about it being Alan Kuwicki's old number. But, big deal. The #7 hasn't been as good to Robby as it was to Alan if it made any difference and it doesn't. I'm sure those people that were fans of Alan and I was a big one, are not impressed at all with what Robby has done with the number. I am a Robby fan, but I could care less what number he runs on the car.
This may be an unpopular opinion but EVERYONE has known since Robin Miller accurately predicted it back in Feb that Danica was coming to NASCAR full time next year. I would have liked to see Rob proposing a partnership with SHR to run the 26 or so races that Danica doesn't run in the #7 under the SHR banner. Rob brings Speed, which rides as a secondary when Danica drives, he provides Speed as a secondary for her NNS ride and she cuts a couple of promos. If the primary goal is to build the speed brand and therefore make more $$$ available then I'm sorry but with her mugging for it the awareness would go up tenfold. If 500 people show to one of Rob's Speed appearances then 5000 would show up if both of them were there. Yes I know Dale Jr stumps for Amp but not sure that's a conflict in NNS when he's not driving. That scenario would put Rob in better equipment, build the speed brand and therefore more $$$ for racing. Plus it would make our boy more marketable and popular. As it stands, right or wrong, he ends up looking worse than the Black Widow did with the #8.

Now that being said, if he did propose such a tie up with SHR and Tony told him to go jump in the lake then by all means keep the #7 and tell 'em to sod off.

Truth be told, I could care less about Speed energy drink. What I do care about is Rob in good equipment and truly racing each and every week. Call me selfish.
@Mark , do you think Robby's current manufacturer would sign off on your speculation becouse of the use of a number?
Think bigger picture, please!
"Truth be told, I could care less about Speed energy drink. What I do care about is Rob in good equipment and truly racing each and every week. Call me selfish."
Have you really not been paying attention.Speed Energy Drink is Robby's financial future regardless of your opinion.
As posted by Kevin in the race thread,from Jayski/Virginia Pilot

"#7-Robby Gordon plans to start and park in all but three of the remaining Cup races unless he can get additional sponsorship, he said at Bristol Motor Speedway. Gordon said he planned to run the entire race at Chicago, Texas and Phoenix because he has enough sponsorship for those races. If he gets more sponsorship, he'll run more races. Gordon also continues to build the energy drink company he created to help fund his racing programs. So, wouldn't it be better if Gordon skipped some races and be better prepared for the ones he ran instead of starting and parking most of the time? "If you don't come to the race track, you don't learn,'' Gordon said. "If you don't come to the race track, I can't help it that we can't find a sponsor to pay for right now. I can't help that. I've tried. Trevor Bayne doesn't have any sponsors on his car and he won the Daytona 500. That's the reality of it. We've tried hard, and this is what I love to do, so I'm going to continue to fight the fight"

So, with Tony shopping for a driver that will bring money, and Robby not finding money to run complete races.How exactly does this work out?
Don't forget RGM does more than Na$crap! Think.

▼ Reply
"Truth be told, I could care less about Speed energy drink. What I do care about is Rob in good equipment and truly racing each and every week. Call me selfish." Mark, you're not selfish. You (&anybody else who doesnt understand) are slow, special, out of contact with reality, but not selfish. Maybe an RG quote will help...somebody help me if I get a word of place as I'm sure the slow people will notice & scrutinize that. "We are an energy drink company, thats in the business of racing cars'...that was the point anyway. See how "Energy Drink" trumps race cars? Robby will actually give you all the answers your ever looking for, if you PAY ATTENTION

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service