March 15, 2012 (Charlotte, NC) – What is another form of racing that Robby Gordon can mark off his impressive list of racing series? If you guessed monster trucks, you guessed correctly. Robby Gordon Motorsports and SPEED Energy have formed a partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc., owner of the most well –known monster truck in the United States.

NASCAR and Off-Road racer, Robby Gordon, and BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. have entered into a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2012 season. The addition of the monster truck, built at Gordon’s race shop in Charlotte, NC, will be the nineteenth chassis in the line-up of BIGFOOT trucks.

Gordon’s energy drink company, SPEED Energy, will be the co-primary sponsor of the monster truck. “This partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. is a big step for our company. It opens the door to market SPEED Energy to a new demographic. Being featured as a sponsor on the truck is just one element to the relationship, we will also be selling SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 diecasts, t-shirts, hats and other merchandise,” says Gordon. During the first year of the agreement the monster truck will be used primarily for display purposes. From there the truck will participate in events, with the possibility of Gordon being behind the wheel. “I’m excited about the opportunity to drive the SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 monster truck. We built the truck a few years ago and we’ve played around with it, but actually competing in events would be a lot of fun,” Gordon remarks.

“We are really looking forward to teaming up with Robby and Speed Energy! Robby and Bob Chandler go back to the early days when both teams were Ford sponsored. Robby’s dynamic outlook and his racer’s mentality fit right in with the BIGFOOT way of life! Be on the lookout for a whole line of Robby Gordon’s Speed Energy/BIGFOOT #19 merchandise,” says Bob Trent, Vice President of Sponsorships & Business Development at BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc.

Views: 9630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of the Fair Shows (Summer thru Fall) that these independent trucks run are paired together with Demolition Derby or Truck/Tractor Pulls both of which pull in the 18-34 gearhead demographic moreso then the 6-12 year old kid one. And they also do stuff at some local short-tracks across the country (short crappy freestyle runs during intermission).

The biggest downfall though (at least IMHO) is that while this get's the Speed Energy name out there at events where it wouldn't otherwise be seen, unless you're also giving everybody who walks buy the truck a free sample along with a business car containing a link to the drinks website (and maybe also the local stores that carry it) I doubt it's gonna result in a big boost in sales. For example I've seen millions of commercials for that Sonic restaurant yet not once have I ever actually see one in real life and I have no need to go on their website and try to find the closest location. The reason being that I know of plenty of other fast food places (like 8 of them within a 15min walk l0l). The Drink business (be it Energy drinks, Bottled Water, Soda, Alcohol, etc) is the same way, people can see it advertised all of the time but unless they can find it in any gas station they stop at on any given day they're not likely to invest an interest in the product. And even if it is on the shelves it's one of these things where they're not going to switch from their brand to SPEED unless they try it almost by mistake because their brand is sold out.

So yeah while I feel the advertising coming from the truck is gonna be a great thing, getting people to actually switch from their current brand of choice that can be found in every store on every street corner to one that has a relatively low store penetration rate is IMHO not gonna happen just because people saw a Monster Truck with the logo on it.

He is a worker ,all in like always .... He is gettin SPEED on a lot of stuff..Good for RG,, GAS ON

Beautiful truck!!! now it needs a set TOYO TIRES on it

Hmmm, now let me think here for a second if i may. I, like others on are not big Monster truck guys. My dad and little knucklehead nephews and neices do the Monster truck finals here in Vegas every year with their grandpa. Thats their thing let me tell you Grandpa T gets excellent seats, and makes a day out of it with the grandkids. I know the SPEED truck will not be there but just sayin, my little nephew wears the "M" brand of enegry, and whatever that wrestler guy was all the friggin time. And grandpa wears his gravedigger shirts too. Even though the kids are not allowed the drink energy drinks, that doesnt stop them from having grandpa buy everything under the sun for these guys at the shows. It sounds like monster jam, is the Nascar of the big trucks,but look at the fan base. I cant get my nephwes to wear SPEED stuff because,,,,,wait for it,,,,THEY ARE INTO MONSTER TRUCKS! So, in closing, Monster Jam or not, this should be good exposure for our beloved brand SPEED, and RGM. Yes it would be nice if the big truck ran in the Monster Jam series, but It would be nice if i could retire early too! Good luck to Bob Chandler and RGM, may you both do well.

And Ps, its a dam nice looking truck!

OK, it appears that the RPM logo's are on the truck. Judging from Robby's results in Parker, and that he is listed for the Mint with RPM, that could be a good relationship. I would like to see it grow. All this Speed stuff is interesting. However, I just want to see Robby race and be competitive!

Huh hello !!!!  SPEED IS ROBBY ROBBY IS SPEED they go hand in hand . 

BIG FOOT RACES IN PHOENIX AT FIREBIRD DRAGWAY WITH MAX D AND AVENGER AND BRUTUS SHOW IS SOMETIME IN APRIL TONS OF EXPOSURE THERE

Just saw this post, and yes, it would be a fairly simple thing to make a Speed Energy body for a Ground Pounder. Better yet, our Clodbuster chassis lend themselves even better to these style trucks. There have already been multiple copies made of Bigfoot #18, which uses the same body as #19 would. Our chassis have won multiple world championships, and either would make for a great platform for a RGM based replica.

As far as mass-producing them however, it's not likely as thew current Traxxas tie-in would not allow us to produce these in quantity. I'd sure love to though, as that body looks great on our trucks.

Attachments:

The body looks awsome that would make a really nice replica on your chassis

So this is the same truck that the Metal Mulisha bought from RGM and has been running? or was that story incorrect and this is the original truck?

That's AWESOME!

We produce a lot of t-shirts for Bigfoot. Hopefully I'll get to design this one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service