March 15, 2012 (Charlotte, NC) – What is another form of racing that Robby Gordon can mark off his impressive list of racing series? If you guessed monster trucks, you guessed correctly. Robby Gordon Motorsports and SPEED Energy have formed a partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc., owner of the most well –known monster truck in the United States.

NASCAR and Off-Road racer, Robby Gordon, and BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. have entered into a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2012 season. The addition of the monster truck, built at Gordon’s race shop in Charlotte, NC, will be the nineteenth chassis in the line-up of BIGFOOT trucks.

Gordon’s energy drink company, SPEED Energy, will be the co-primary sponsor of the monster truck. “This partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. is a big step for our company. It opens the door to market SPEED Energy to a new demographic. Being featured as a sponsor on the truck is just one element to the relationship, we will also be selling SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 diecasts, t-shirts, hats and other merchandise,” says Gordon. During the first year of the agreement the monster truck will be used primarily for display purposes. From there the truck will participate in events, with the possibility of Gordon being behind the wheel. “I’m excited about the opportunity to drive the SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 monster truck. We built the truck a few years ago and we’ve played around with it, but actually competing in events would be a lot of fun,” Gordon remarks.

“We are really looking forward to teaming up with Robby and Speed Energy! Robby and Bob Chandler go back to the early days when both teams were Ford sponsored. Robby’s dynamic outlook and his racer’s mentality fit right in with the BIGFOOT way of life! Be on the lookout for a whole line of Robby Gordon’s Speed Energy/BIGFOOT #19 merchandise,” says Bob Trent, Vice President of Sponsorships & Business Development at BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc.

Views: 9630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think your both right as BigFoot will be relevant as far as the history of the Monster Truck. The older fans who remember BigFoot being the King of the monster truck series will consider Bigfoot relevant. But the newer younger fans that dont know what Bigfoot is because they have never seen Bigfoot, do not and probably would not care if they ever saw Bigfoot at a event. Take Grave Digger away and they would cry.

Feld is the NASCAR of monster trucks. They have the TV package, the sponsorship package and merchandizing package. All the other monster truck series are left to fight for county fair grounds and side show events. We live in a "now" society and if it is not in your living room it probably is not really relevant with today's youth.

As an overall brand Bigfoot is still relevant, well to people who know that brand or follow the Monster Truck scene as closely as most of us follow the NASCAR scene. To the newer younger generation of Monster Truck Fans Bigfoot is pretty much non-existent unless you happen to be at a local fair or Truck Show where he's racing.

Don't know what exact part of PA you're from (just south of Pocono here) but the last time I seen Bigfoot was in 2010 at the West End Fair in Gilbert PA and the general consensus from the younger generation of fans that were sitting around me was "daddy (or mommy) what truck is that?" when Bigfoot came out for his runs.

I'm not even sure if Bigfoot runs any "championships" anymore of it it's all just Glory Runs at Fairs & Car Shows but I'm pretty sure the team usually has 2 trucks up at the Bloomsburg 4wheel Jamboree (a standard Bigfoot and then one of the various Themed ones) and atleast based off of advertisements I've seen over the years (haven't gotten the chance to get there myself yet) that even seems to have a good mix of some of the Monster Jam trucks as well as some of the Independents.

EDIT: Just looked, the E3 Sparkplug Bigfoot along with "Bigfoot Bessie" (cow themed Bigfoot) are going to be in State College, PA on March 30th/31st. http://www.monsternationals.com/event/240

I have to say this is pretty darn exciting for all of us. As most I remember growing up watching Bigfoot before I ever watched a cup race. Glad to be apart of it. Let's go smash some sh*t!

Kevin, I realize youre part of the team, Ive been trying to figure out what that job is for months now... Mind sharing?

Jack of all trades. Master of none :)

Everyone's job title at RGM...

Internet troll like me? haha jk

Kevin Wilson are you related to Jeff Wilson ?

Vlad - at 1:33 in this skit your question is answered

LMAO!!!!!!

I hope the rendering we're seeing is accurate if so I'm really glad to see RPM on the side of the truck that seems to be a really good partnership for Robby. At a desert race it can be hard to tell a Monster sponsord truck coming at you untill they are up close but the RGM/RPM cars and trucks you can see coming a mile away they truly stand out from the crowd.
Just like the new Bigfoot will.

I just love how Robby is always thinking. Makes me appreciate even more what he does within the racing world.

Now, in a couple more years Speed Energy can bring back the Mickey Thompson off road series, as Robbys own deal.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service