Statement From Phoenix Racing
Regarding Kurt Busch and the No. 51 Chevrolet

SPARTANBURG, S.C., (June 12, 2012) – Below is a statement from James Finch, owner of Phoenix Racing, regarding Kurt Busch and the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet.

“We have met with Kurt. At the end of the day, we are racers so we’re going racing together with Kurt and the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet. We know adjustments have to be made but how we fix that is between Kurt and myself. We’re going to go to the track, work hard, race hard and work on trying to attract a sponsor – and we’re going to do that together.”

Views: 1267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Already did he basically said Kurt needs to take some time away from racing , get some counciling , then go back slowly . He did say that it is kinda a good thing for Kurt being with Finch cause it's a lower spotlight team 

Let's face race car drivers need a streak of insanity to do what they do. The great ones E sr, Cale, etc all just put pedal to the metal and went for it taking huge chances. A couple of years ago NASCAR came out with their theme of "Have at it Boys". Now, apparently, they've modified it to be "Have at it Boys and Girls but don't offend the sponsors. Home track racing is a rough and tumble sport let them be and we fans will have a much better at the track experience. Let the BAD BOYS give us a show and maybe fans will start coming back to the races.

There's being A BAD BOY then there's just being mentally unstable . There IS something wrong with Kurt and I won't speculate as to what it is but until Kurt realizes it and does something bout it there's nothing Mr Finch , NASCAR , the press , or anyone can do about it . Bottomline IT'S UP TO KURT !

I think nascrap needs some bad boys and they no it. Look at the stands, half full. You guy ever hear how the good o boys talk when it was a great sport. They were not nice, they were cocky and talked the talk because the walked the walk. PS I can;t stand kurt!

If anything NASCAR needs less bad boys (I call them assholes but whatever) and more likeable drivers. Kids like Stenhouse Jr. and Bayne belong in NASCAR, I'd take them anyday over the Busch brothers.

NASCAR don't need clowns that think retaliation is a free pass for attempted murder (Kyle and Ron at Texas).

We know adjustments have to be made but how we fix that is between Kurt and myself.

Shock collar?

lol funny WJM but then how can you like ROBBY because he is a bad boy right Ben..

What if they ignore Kurt after the race, eventually he will come looking to be interviewed. He is probably attracting some fans with his attitude. He could be putting together a masterpiece of marketing, because that Bad Boy Mowers sponsorship is very lucrative.

that's what i think also C2B WWF OR WWE NASCRAP same

I'm not a Kurt "fan", but I respect his abilities. I don't think there's anything wrong with Kurt. He just is who he is. And I don't see a problem with it. NASCAR has always had a problem with equality when handing out punishment. Tim illustrated that nicely. They have their favorite$. And they have their punching bags. (can anybody here think of another example?) Frankly it's b.s. Good for Finch and Bush. Stick to your guns.

We were in the Fan Zone in Daytona when Penske gave KB the #2 ride right after Rusty retired. They had a crew circulating through the crowd interviewing anybody wearing a Rusty shirt. Wanted to know what Kurt would have to do to gain their following. I tried to give them my opinion but wasn't wearing the right number on my shirt so they ignored me. Bottom line is the captain did everything he could to turn KB into a driver fans could respect. To channel his talents on the track rather than a media circus. He did the sports psychologist route, anger management and probably even etiquette lessons from Miss Manners. I just don't think Finch has the resources to do much more than Penske already has.

Sad truth is talent is prone to self destruct. Look at Charlie Sheen. It's a shame but nobody to blame but himself. He's dangerous on the track with his attitude. Not just a matter of him being a bad boy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service