Hearing rumblings...any truth to this...thought Monster wanted nothing to do with NASCAR?

Or was that before SPEED Energy came along...

Views: 3835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love it when people say that "you have no idea the real story". Mind telling us?

Maybe this real story could be for the planet premium members, hehe!!

Thats one hell of a motley looking crew

(pic above)

2 elves and a pack of ruffians. K&K fit the Monster look about as well as Kurt did in a Miller car.

I'm seeing 1 elf and PeeWee Hermann in the Monster shirts.......uhhh...errr...... PeeWee Monster? WTF!!!

Hearing the car will be #54 and Kyle will drive 13-15 races with Monster and Kurt will race the rest with Monster sponsorship. Ricky Carmichel is not racing for KBM. BTW the bike riders are there as part of the press release and to do some stunt riding in front of KBM for the media. They have nothing to do with the sponsorship this is a full Monster deal. Becoming a bad boy fits the Monster image.

No word on the Dollar General deal. When Dollar General signed with JGR part of that deal was for Kyle to drive for Dollar General in 10 Nationwide and in 10 truck races under the KBM banner.

I wouldnt call Jeremy Mcgrath a Bad Boy he doesn't fit that image

It just seems odd looking...not a good fit . Am I wrong about that?

The Bush bros just dont seem like a good fit, it just does not seem right, you know Ramses talking smack and drawing wood from that shot of them in there shirts....

The thing I don't like was Monster wouldn't sponsor RGM full time and we were told "NASCAR doesn't fit our target audience" ... As for today's announcement I think Monster hit a home run. They just signed the winningest Nationwide driver in history and a previous Cup Champion. The car wil be upfront in most races and probably in Victory lane a good bit. Very good move on Monsters part. I'm glad to see Wave, AMP, Red Bull and now NOS out of the NASCAR series. Monster & SPEED really fit the series better. Hopefully this keeps allowing more opportunities for SPEED to be mentioned and seen.
How would this allow more opportunities for SPEED to be mentioned?
Cars that win, run up front or qualify on the pole get their sponsors mentioned.

Well there's lots of ways. I've read several Twitter posts and articles were reporters mention SPEED when talking about energy drink sponsors in Nascar. How many times did Jim Beam get mentioned when they discussed Jack Daniels or Crown Royal in Cup (and vise versa).

My point is...do you ever hear anyone mention Wave energy drink anymore? With Wave, Amp, NOS and Red Bull pulling out and 5-Hour Energy and Monster increasing it's pressence...you will see the other brands no longer mentioned. It also opens up opportunites for SPEED marketing to not be denied from certain tracks or events. AMP and Red Bull kept SPEED marketing (and personal truck) from certain tracks.

With Monster in Nationwide and 5-Hour not really the same thing (shot versus a drink) there should be less restrictions or preventions of SPEED Energy being marketed.

It also proves that the traget audience of Nascar fans does fit. Red Bull and Monster used that line in the past. Red Bull has tons of sponsorship involvement worldwide and doesn't need Nascar. Monster saw a great opportunity to increase it's brand recoginition. SPEED has the opportunity now to be the only energy drink in Cup.

Notice Robby always wants to be next to Monster and Red Bull..? Those are the two biggest brands in the energy drink world (Coke and Pepsi), Robby would love to be 3rd right now. If they can keep SPEED next to Monster and Red Bull and slowly build their brand it will have huge payoffs.

So...yep more opportunities.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service