I asked the question Sunday at the SST Costa Mesa fairgrounds to Robby "will you be at Dakar 2014" His answer was "YES". His look was serious with his response - eye contact was made. I have been following Robby for years. Look out Dakar, he had the that liittle smirk/smile. This will make January exciting for sure.

Views: 11758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So true mid engine and rear transaxle

yes

Thanks you guys

Here's the latest on Nasser -
Nasser Al-Attiyah is actively preparing for the Dakar 2014. After an unsuccessful but instructive with its own team in January attempt, the Qatari muscled his buggy and his team to dethrone the Mini Peterhansel.

The buggy did not have a name yet but it is already noise. Nasser Al-Attiyah is responsible to communicate in person the first photo of the baby by giving us some info on the way. Question noise, fans will be reassured that the Qatari remained faithful to block Corvette 8 cylinders. A real racing machine but will be prepared this year in Italy. In January, the U.S. engine had not borne the burdens of rally ... The chassis is all new to him and developed in France by PH Sport, the structure of which are partners Dominique Heinz and Sebastien Loeb.
Magnaldi as water carrier
For Phase 2 of the project, the winner of the 2011 Dakar is clear victory in January. In 2013, the Qatari came with two cars without assistance. In 2014, change tactics. Al-Attiyah will drive the No.1 buggy while Thierry Magnaldi roll with a second self, but as fast as assistance for its leader. Second pilot in the last edition, Carlos Sainz will be well on the Dakar but the team of Philippe Gache (SMG) with Ronan Chabot. Pending the official presentation of the car Al-Attiyah dreamed of at the Parc des Princes, the buggy will participate in the Rally of Morocco (October 13-19). The team will spend two more days in the Atlas to refine its preparation. To win the Dakar, we never lack.

http://www.francetvsport.fr/dakar-al-attiyah-devoile-son-bijou-181977

Thanks Will. I find this stuff interesting. The small teams and buggy class is where the radical departure designs are at. Robby is top notch, and I'm foolish to criticize him at all. My only criticism is that he doesn't refine the rally side of this. But if he did a prep race, the huge moment of the "RG Roll Out" at Dakar 2014 would not be so epic. Might as well create epic moments and buzz when you can.

here's my take on why not to bother with other rallies.. Robby is hands on,the man knows the feel he's looking for.So why spend the $ to test in Tim-buck-too.another down side is modifying anything would not be timely. the other drivers aren't builders, they're drivers.jmao

I agree. RG knows what he needs for Dakar. The problems that keep him from winning since resolving the rear hub and axle issues, have been maintenance and life cycle related - IMO.

And putting 'er on the roof.

True'ism
and shitty team mates,jmoa

Agreed - RG's 2013 teammate was the best of the last three years.

@Dave, so true,LMAO. Solo.Bad dates are more trouble than their worth.

Like I said earlier bud . Robby knows what it takes to win . Hell he's probably forgotten more about off road than most of the other guys know .

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service