I asked the question Sunday at the SST Costa Mesa fairgrounds to Robby "will you be at Dakar 2014" His answer was "YES". His look was serious with his response - eye contact was made. I have been following Robby for years. Look out Dakar, he had the that liittle smirk/smile. This will make January exciting for sure.

Views: 11758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1- I think it will like an SST,for marketing, but have the best of the Hummer engineering. Just my take....

I'm thinking something along the lines of the older VW Pajero . They had pretty good runs with those . Robby's been around long enough to know what works . Could be a Frankenstein of a bunch of past designs . I can't wait to see what he comes up with .
"Best part about these trucks. You can jump them as far as you want and they don't break." -Sheldon Creed in reference to SSTs.

The most important part about Dakar, reliability.

If I can venture to the far out and still be taken seriously I would have to say that what ever they (WHO are they?) are building it will be based on what has been the experience of the team in relevance to what has been the experience with other teams in the thought degree that you have to beat what is beating you while beating what is beating you....and no I did not studder http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Studder what I said was if you can drink coffe from a straw was that my your time its all about time.......And as I drove to work I thought by getting there early I would only cheat myself so anything that would cause such a stagnant period of time should be justified not only by doing it...but by who would "witness it".........this happened every day for eleven years of working at the same...(6 years were spent in financial suspesion and 3 square miles of travel as we waited for my toe to heel) dead end job.....Given that muich time to think, I thought.........." I wish I was Robby Gordon.........and had all that experience.........and all those pissed off people knawing at my heels......in my dust.......wanting to know what ...the ......frigg....I was gonna do next.........Then the phone rang...........It was the wrong number ........then it came to me what the new DAKAR entry was going to be..........it was going to be http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/06/22/fran-hernandez-and-th...

LOL! You are always taking seriously! I think..... you do make sense, mostly.....

gotta bring something good nasser going to show up with 5 bugglys and mini will have another fleet

Ivan, link us to the story that speaks of what Nasser is up to. I can't find anything. Now watch it be on RaceDezert or something. You can call me bonehead if you want to, but still share the link. Thanks.

We've discussed the idea of a fleet versus a lone talent before on the Planet. You still need a frontrunner to win. The fleet only helps when they are in the right place at the right time to support the frontrunner. The "fleet" of Robby and Nasser actually slowed Robby down that year.

But still, I too would love to see Robby come out in force. It's just that much more exciting of a show!

Now if Nasser is truly bringing 5 cars, I love it! I love the shift in focus of who is out to win this thing. Right now the buggy type vehicle and the small teams are the underdogs. It's great to see these cars and teams advancing.

The suspense of not knowing what RG is doing is all part of the fun right now. My money is always on RG. I have no idea what's coming, but this is our year!

In this article Nasser says he will be running 3 cars in the 2014 Dakar. He wants Sebastien Loeb in the third car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107272

Thanks Bruce. Do you know, does Nasser still build his cars with the So Cal shop?

From what I have read it sounds like Jefferies built a third car. But the crew from Jefferies is no longer doing the race support for Nasser. He has put together his own crew from Europe.

The link reads like Leob is not interested in DAKAR currently.And Nasser is wishing/hoping. I'm not sure Carlos is in a Buggly for 2014.I ran some of his tweets thru translation,I'm not sure he's teaming with Nasser. Couple that with comments from last year when Carlos said he wasn't impressed.

Plus, the article is from May. We're at Oct. Lot's has happened since then. Exactly what I have no idea. We need a Planet investigative reporter. We don't need no stink'n FBI, we need a PBI!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service