Here is a running list of SST drivers, sponsors and other info, based off of announcements.

Active SST Racers SST Tracks / Details

Inactive

Race 1: Phoenix, AZ (Track Layout, Winner: Rob MacCachren)
Race 2: Los Angeles, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)
Race 3: San Diego, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SST Other Details

Views: 17246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not an off road hater. I actually find it interesting to watch RG compete in Baja, Dakar, King of the Hammers and other events. I became a fan of Robby Gordon the Nascar driver. As a fan, I've watch him compete in other series like off road and Indy that I would have never watched otherwise. I just wish RG would race a few races in Nascar (as a fan of RG). RG could build 4 cars (2 plate cars and 2 road course cars) and compete to win, have a huge exposure pressence and generate more buzz about his new series. This is what I would want as a fan! Again, that's what I would want. I understand that RG does what RG wants to do. I understand he never sleeps and does more racing than Kenny Schrader.

Love the idea he set up a trailer at the track this past weekend. Would make sense to have a trailer at all the tracks where future SST races will be locally.

I was making an observation that many of the (potential) names that were initially there are no longer.

it would have to take a sponsor plucking down more than enough money for RG to run nascar.

I love NASCAR - wait - I loved NASCAR when Robby and Jimmy Spencer were in the series but I would not want Robby to go broke just so I have an excuse to not go shopping on Sunday afternoons.

It would be nice to see RG back in Cup someday though I'm not holding my breath. Until Nascar and the broadcast networks (mainly FOX) stopping just focusing on a handful of teams the majority of the time, I don't see any big sponsors jumping on but with the select handful of teams in this economy. Because of Nascars controlling ways they lack the personalities of old (except for maybe Stewart) that it almost makes me think that they went to JG and asked "hey can you act like a dick so we can bring our ratings up"!

Breaking news, just announced RG to return to nascar with new sponsor "BRA SUPPORT" which also supports the front end of race cars...as per irani news agency...

you mean Danica, regardless of her results?

I'm sure RG would if he could, financially. But seriously, open the door and look outside; it has been, it still is today, and it still will be for the forseeable future, the economy. It SUCKs. Companies are not in expansion mode, they're in contraction, or static mode. Damn few are looking for places to drop down millions of $ on an investment (yes, that's what it is), that most see as a risk for ROI. Robby understands that, and that' why he's doing what he is right now. The economy right now is for all intents and purposes, being driven by consumer spending. Put fans in the stands at your own venue. That's a better business plan than Nascar, IMHO.

I agree. The NASCAR shipped has sailed for RGM. It was great while it lasted and it helped the company get to where it is at today. Move on people. It's SST time.

Guess RG confirmed JJ will compete. That's what I love about RG.

I'm waiting to hear another J.J is on board

#54?

I am a bit surprised that Greg Adler hasn't jumped on board yet...

I got the chance to talk to Adler during a LOORS event at Speed World last season, at that time he said with what he had invested in his current team that it didn't look like he would be doing it.....But then again never say never.

Cool guy he signed a Speed hat for me and 1/2 of the right side door off of his Pro4 which now hangs from my garage ceiling , thats it hanging in my livingroom. That lasted just long enough for me to take the picture.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service