Bobby Labonte to Drive for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Loudon

Bobby Labonte to Drive for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Loudon

Former Champ to Pilot No. 7 Toyota at NHMS

Charlotte, NC (June 23, 2010) – Robby Gordon Motorsports will put 2000 NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte behind the wheel of the No. 7 Toyota at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 this weekend in a current one-race deal.

“When we found out that Bobby was available to drive for us, we jumped at it,” said team owner Robby Gordon. “To have a past champion driving your car is a good opportunity. I think we can learn from him this weekend and it will help our program moving forward.”

Robby Gordon Motorsports finished second in last weekend’s race at the Infineon Raceway.

“I can’t thank Robby and his folks enough for this opportunity,” said Labonte. “We’re going to New Hampshire with the goal of having another solid run for his team. They had a great finish at Sonoma and have some momentum right now. I’m just thankful for the opportunity and hope to get another solid finish for his team.”

Labonte will be making his first start for Robby Gordon Motorsports and plans on running the full race this Sunday.

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lets see how the honeymoon phase goes.
They sounded in love on Tradin Paint just now....lol
Seems like they made it past the dollar dance at least!
But it was a very good interview!!!...recommend everyone take a listen once TOG gets it posted.
Added to the PR MP3 player,main page.
Now its pretty obvious to anyone who speaks English that Bobby will be driving a 2nd RGM car in the very near future. It was pretty funny how Bobby picked out Martinsville as the track RG needs the most help with, it was as if they had discussed it.... It's something we all have been looking forward to for a long time, and having a past champion in the car who will be guaranteed to start each race not only helps Bobby, but it helps Robby as well as he knows he will have that second set of information each week to rely on. Robby needs some short track help, and with Bobby's help and Gene calling the shots I think RGM is getting closer to that winning combination. I expect struggles, because things take time, but I can honestly say this is a brilliant decision by RGM. I certainly see speedfactory.tv taking off much bigger now because everyone is going to want to see what their favorite underdog team is up to. I'm looking forward to seeing Bobby, Gene and the team run well at NHIS.
It will all come down to funding, but with Robby's business savvy and BL's marketability, I would think they woul dbe able to find something....

But if say a RCR or Gibbs dangles a 4th car in front of him to start 2011, hard to turn down that ride if your BL (though I realize neither team is probably expanding to 4 cars anytime soon, I am just saying).

But if all goes well this weekend and we can run him in a 2nd car for a bunch of races for the remainder this season, 2011 bodes to be a BIG year for RGM starting two cars locked in for the Daytona 500...

....baby steps...I know....lol
Maybe if they can get the SpeedFactory on network television (like Robby mentioned during the interview), that will help with some of the funding.......
It's certainly better than most of the crap they have on speed channel..
Damn, that Old Chevy Jim Beam car looks good!

Things about to get interesting on Speed here in NH! lol
Can't beleive the edited out Robby's post accident interview.....LOL..

BOOOOO! At least show it and bleep it....
Geesh, this has been roller coaster week. Robby up front and a great finish, the start and park deal with PJ, and now Bobby L. in the car. WOW!!! I love it!!! Always liked Bobby as a driver and I think this a great choice for RGM. Gas on Bobby, and Good Luck Robby, with your deal in South America. This year just may turn around yet.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service