Join us for Best in the Desert Henderson 250 race Saturday the 1st .Chat will open Saturday morning,est. Green flag drops for 1400/1500 competitors appr. 3:00 pm/est.
Robby is entered in this event and looking to clinch the Best inThe Desert class 1500 Championship as well as a very prestigious award, the Camburg Best In The Desert Award. We'll have qualifying results on this thread Friday morning .
Qualifying sets the starting order.This is a 'loop race'. 3- 80mile laps make up this event.

LIVE TRACKING

RACE-DEZERT LIVE COVERAGE

Views: 5114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope this helps explain a lil more on the award .
Casey Folks, Director of Best in the Desert was excited to announce today the new Camburg “Best In The Desert” Award for 2011. Formerly known as the “King of the Desert” award, this coveted trophy goes to the Best In The Desert competitor that has the fastest average speed for every mile of every race for car and truck classes only for the year. For 2011, Camburg Engineering, manufacturer of the Kinetik Trick Truck, stepped up to the plate as the title sponsor of this newly renamed award.

The winner of the 2011 Camburg “Best In The Desert” Award will receive $4000 in cash and over $5000 in products from the combined contributions of Camburg Engineering, General Tire, FOX Racing Shox, SCOSCHE Industries, and KMC Wheels, plus an awesome trophy.

Jerry Zaiden, president of Camburg Engineering had this to say about the award, “Camburg is honored to be a part of this prestigious award recognizing the fastest racer in the most elite series in desert racing. We are thankful to be able to have the opportunity to give back to the racing community that has supported us over the 14 years we have been in business. This award goes hand in hand with what Camburg products stand for, quality, speed and endurance. To win the Camburg "Best in the Desert" Award you can't have just one of these qualities you must excel at all of them.”

Can anyone confirm that Robby won this award?

I've haven't been able to find the result. Someone tweet Robby or Kevin,maybe they'll reply.
I'll stand on this comment-that is a little more abstract on how to win.

Unless there is a throw-out race for the Camburg, which I don't believe there is, Weyrich #9 won it. RG was the leader going into Henderson, but finishing 3 hours down to the leaders killed him in the standings. That said, way to go RG on winning the championship in the 1500 class!!

Maybe everyone will like this new header!!!!
http://speedenergy.com/speed/

Another championship year! Congrats to all at RGM, etc. Hopefully, DAKAR will be the next race we get to follow!

First 'chat' of the year will be SuperCross (Anaheim 1)

Actually it's congrats to Clyde Stacey and RPM . And Robby for driving so well! BITD Champions!!!!!!

What was the reason that RG stopped on course anyway? I was in Okoboji Iowa on Saturday and was not able to follow the race. All I know is that RG stopped on course around RM 20 on lap 1 for a considerable amount of time...

The truck shut off and had to tow it back to main pits to replace some engine sensors

Engine sensor issues damn fuel injection >:~(

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service