Join us Saturday June 7th to follow and discuss the 46th SCORE BAJA 500. TT's are scheduled to start appr. 10:00 am/pt .
And Sunday June 8th to follow XGAMES Austin.12-2 pm/et ESPN,2pm/et ABC

Views: 7557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's gonna be SOOOOOOOO AWESOME !!!!!

Dirt Live - Baja 500 - driver intros

Thanks Sandi

You're welcomed MJ ... it was great to see Ivan Stewart on stage a little while ago. I've been in and out for most of today so I don't know if the #77 made it through yet.

Gerard de Rooy as a guest star 2015 Baja 500: De Rooy as guest star!06/05/14 For the second leg of the Dakar Challenge, organised as part of the Tecate Score Baja 500 in Mexico, the spotlight will not only be on the competitors seeking to win a first participation on the Dakar: Gerard De Rooy, the truck category winner in 2012, will be taking his first steps on the North American event. +On the North American off-road calendar, it is the moment when the serious business begins. The most renowned riders and drivers will be present in Mexico to battle it out over around 500 miles, i.e. more than 800 kilometres of sandy or rocky tracks that will be quick in places but which will often require the utmost technical skill in others. The enthusiasts of this technical and physical challenge, who are growing in number thanks to the involvement of the Dakar, have started to distinguish themselves over the last years on the main event in January, which for example welcomed Robby Gordon as a pioneer, followed more recently by BJ Baldwin. On the previous edition, the South Americans also discovered Peter Hajas, winner of the American leg of the Dakar Challenge during its most recent edition, but who was not so lucky on the Dakar. This weekend, everybody will have the opportunity to put their helmets back on to fight for a prestigious trophy. Those who have not yet tasted the thrills of the Dakar will be striving to come out on top in the Dakar Challenge. Whilst to date none of the regulars on the US scene has managed to win the Dakar, one of the former winners of the rally has made the journey from Europe to take part in this legendary event for the first time. To mark the occasion, the organisers did not hesitate to create a new category in order to welcome him, because it is indeed behind the wheel of his Iveco truck, with an appearance well-suited to the settings, that Gerard De Rooy will take starter's orders. The curious and slightly anxious Dutchman hopes first and foremost to enjoy discovering the race rather than competing with the cars with which he will be sharing the tracks: “We've already been on a drive to check out the route. The truck is running nicely, but there are lots of narrow tracks and that means I'm not going to be totally at ease. But anyway, I've been wanting to take part in the Baja 500 for a long time and we've been talking about it with the organisers for two years. So now I just want to get stuck into the race and enjoy it, because I don't think I'll be able to compete with the Pro-Trucks, for example. I'm not sure how it could pan out at all”.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/out-of-race/news-2015.html

Pretty cool. I hope he finishes.

They brought a chainsaw along in case of low hanging trees and other objects. I hope they finish as well. That thing is a beast!

You think it will clear the bridges in the Ensenada wash?

Has RG been through yet? Trying to watch the live feed. Line is not moving very fast.

I thought the TT's were the first to go through?

Yeah think they did it by classes

BJ is on stage now ... Monster is all over the place ...

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service