Any guess on who has enough pull with NASCAR to get the #4 car next year?

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

strike a deal with Tim Morgan. That ought to do it, right?? NASCAR would have to approve all that though, is that right? Please fly... there must be something about the #4. Whats the history with RG and the #4?
I would guess Tony Stewart's pull will be enough.
Anthony Stewart.

The only history with RG and the #4 is thats what he was after 6 races in 2001.
Umm is it the #4 or the #14 that Tony is hoping to run? If this is what you are alluding to. Foyt ran the #14 and that is the number that they have talked about Tony hoping to run.
I heard it's the #14 Tony wants. It's not being used and Tony's got the pull, so I would think he'd get it. JMO
What if Stewart/Haas got the 4,14,40 next year?
Who care's about the #4 in Cup? Is Sterling Marlin starting his own team?

Seems like Stewart would go after the #14 to me, which would be a non-issue...
Exactly, Nascar controls the numbers and anyone can pu tin to lease an open number from nascar.

In addition...Tony is more than allowed to put in for the #4. However, since Morgan McClure used it and is officially on the record as the #4...Stwearts team would be technically listed as the "104" or the "004" or something to that effect (just like RObby's 2nd car at the Glen last year was technically the "177" to Nascar).

However, if the other owner who has the right to the "4" isn't running that car, then Tony can use just the "4"...ie Robby was allowed to go with the 77 because Penske South wasnt running that number.

Now to start a season, the person who has the right to that number if multiple teams want to use it at a racetrack is determined by owner points. Thus if Morgan McClure wanted to run the Daytona 500 next year, technically they would be allowed to use just the "4" and STewart would have to use 104 or 04 etc. But Im sure Chevy would have the McCures assasinated or something so Tony gets his way...lol

Just like if Robby had started a second team this year..his owner pts for the rained out attempt at the Glen gave him more owner pts in the 177 than Penske had for the 77 after the 2007 season..so Robby would have had the right to use the 77 over Penske for Daytona 2008..granted Im sure Penske would have transferred the 06 owner pts they were using for Hornish in late 2007 to the 77 and trump Robby if that had become an issue..
Obviously, you are not going to put in to Nascar to lease a number that you man not be able to use all year due to marketing concerns...lol, so I am sure Stewart will check with McClure's to make sure they have no plans on running the Daytona 500, or if they do he can use the 4..and once they accumulate mor eowner tps than McClure in 2009, they have the right to go with just the "4" at races the McClures show up at...

it happens very rarely..but I read an indepth article on it somehwere last year that shed light on the process in how they determine who has the right to use a car number.

thus in theory.I can lease the 24 from Nascar and be registered as the "124"..but I'll never be able to use just the 24 on my car as Hendrick will always trump me...so Id have to run the 124..unless somehow Jeff were to drop fromt he top 35, not be able to use a PCP and miss a race...lmao
what I typed above would read much more intelligent if I didn't have that friggin' doofus Waltrip photo as my avatar...
JB7 Thanks for explaining it, because if you didn't I would have. And what I would have typed might not have made as much sense as the way you put it!
de nada..it was a friggin mouthful..or keyboard full! lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service