"Save Our Name" and Jim Beam the sponsor this week in NSCS

from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/35561-bleacher-report-exclusive-...

As a follow-up to the story initially broken right here on B/R, Jim Beam's NASCAR race driver Robby Gordon wanted to help out with the campaign to save the name of Wrigley Field. So, he's approved a 'Save Our Name.com' paint scheme for his car.

As previously reported, Jim Beam is sponsoring a billboard outside of Wrigley Field, along with a petition drive designed to implore the new owners of the Cubs not to sell the name of the Cubs ballpark to a corporate sponsorship.

When Gordon found out about this endeavor, he immediately offered to help. So he had 'Save Our Name' put on the hood of his Dodge. He will run his No. 7 car this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway.

"I know what it is like when Jim Beam gets behind something", Gordon said. "They are creating the same buzz with Wrigley Field. Putting SaveOurName.com on the hood of the car is my way of showing support for the Chicago community and I'm excited to help spread the word."

Don't forget to click on SaveOurName.com and sign the petition to save the name of historic Wrigley Field.

Views: 68

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As usual, a very class act!!! And he has trouble with sponsers, or lack thereof?? I don't get it! They should all want to Rally around a driver like this!!!!!
I just signed the petition as well!!!!
I would hope potential sponsors look at this and things like this he has done in the past, but who knows what goes on in their mind, afterall, we aren't the ones with the deep pockets.
You can't get better PR than what Robby and Jim Beam are doing!!!!
Happy to help. Will sign now!
Ok, signed and passing the info on to all my non racing friends also.
It is amazing that sponsors aren't knocking at Robby's door. It is hard to find a driver who is for real and not just rattling off a pepared sponsor statement.
Signed, sealed, and delivered!
Red Sox Fan here, sooooo, really don't care about the Cubs, however, I do hope you're wrong about the "bad luck"!!!!!!
If the owner's of the Chicago Cubs ballpark absolutely need to have corporate sponsorship then they should look for a local company to have naming rights... there's a little gum company that started in Chicago called Wrigley's, if the shoe fits...
Sorry, Kevin, I posted before I saw your reply.
Wrigley Field is already a corporate name. As in, Wrigley's (Spearmint)
gum.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service