I'm going to jump in here while this site is brand new.

RobbysUprising was a pretty good place until a huge pissing match broke out about "negative" posts. There were a lot of loyal Robby fans who didn't want to hear any criticism of Robby or his team.

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Most of those accused of being negative on RuR were expressing their frustrations and stating it how they saw it. There is absolutley NOTHING wrong with pointing out faults with the driver (and his team) that one chooses to follow.

I'm hoping we don't get into the same kind of mess here. If you don't like a comment made by another member here, then just ignore it and move on. If it gets to the point where you don't like anything posted, then find somewhere else to go. DO NOT try to tell me, or anyone else, that we may be any less of a fan because we criticise Robby or his team - that's part of being a fan. Sure, our ranting and raving won't make RGM have any better results, but neither will blind devotion and fawning.

Let's all keep it real.

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Discreet and subtle are my middle names... :D
Careful where you tread, JB7...RG likes his privacy, even with open secrets!
So is Robby's kid going to tell him to go F himself and not listen to him and do whatever he wants? Sort of like him with his CC's...
He needs a crew chief for his point/counterpoint discussions. Didn't they run one race last season with 'crew chief by committee'?
I really don't think any potential sponsor could give a flying fart what anybody posts on any message board...matter of fact, I think it would show the driver has some passionate supporters.....

You really need to look no further than the finishing results to see why the #7 doesn't have 100% of his races sponsored (and I don't know for certain the car isn't 100% covered).....
bingo!
oops didn't mean to delete that. I was trying to edit it. I was going to add has anyone e-mailed someone over at RGM about why uprising was taken down?
I e-mailed Marchetta, she just said that it may re-surface later. No other details.
it will return someday I am sure. In the meantime, it's business as usual here with most of the regulars already in place. If and when RuR makes it's return, I'll just re-direct the site and folks over there and hopefully pick up my Admin duties at RuR again. We had alot of future Ideas on the table that BC and myself were going to get started.
When Geoff Bodine owned the 7 team (post-Kulwicki), he had Pat Tryson as his crew chief, and in the middle of one race, Tryson was so frustrated with Bodine trying to run everything from the driver's seat and ignoring his suggestions that he took off his headphones and left. If RG pisses Walter off, he should do the same thing.
I think the number 7 is very unlucky, maybe we should change our number to 18B, there is no way we can't get good results then, even with a junk car.
Perish that thought!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service