Jimmie Johnson - Robby Gordon one of top drivers that scares me the most to be around on the track

Q: WHAT FIVE DRIVERS, ANYWHERE ON THE TRACK, WOULD SCARE YOU THE MOST TO BE AROUND?

JOHNSON: "There are a bunch of them (laughs). Typically, wrecked cars to start with, and then I think if you get around the No. 77 (Sam Hornish Jr.) or the No. 42 (Juan Pablo Montoya) or the No. 7 (Robby Gordon) at times can be a handful; gosh, you go through the list, let's see. I seem to be struggling with those guys from time to time. The No. 77 of late has been one of the toughest ones for me to pass, which I don't understand why. But I guess those three off the to of my head."

To read the whole articel: http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=312836&FS=NASCAR-CUP

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All three of them have more pure driving talent than Jimmie ever thought of. IMO
Robby doesn't lay down when he is about to get lapped.So it's no surprise JJ would make that comment.
Every driver in the field has made the comment. Smoe people just can't accept that it is a comment and not a criticism. Remember McMurrays comments after the Brickyard in 03?
lol
A little clarification from the horses mouth (from the full article)...

"...Q: IS THERE SOMETHING IN PARTICULAR THE NO. 77 IS DOING TO CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS OR ARE YOU JUST
NERVOUS AROUND HIM?

JOHNSON: "No, and I'm not trying to slam these guys and this is their right as competitors, but they just go. I don't think that in some cases, the new guys that come into the sport, and you know, they might be fighting for a situation in points and they need to beat the guy in front of them to stay in the top 35, I don't understand their scenario, I just know mine. I catch them, and they're harder to pass than when I'm racing Tony Stewart for the third spot. And you're like, why are you doing this? You are multiple laps down, why are you racing this hard? And there are a variety of them out there that do it, but just don't see the leader coming or the top five guy coming, and pay them that respect, or I'm not seeing the situation they are in and respecting what they're up against. But either way, I end up ticked." "

In JJ's world everyone should move over for the leader. Quick story. I was a big Ricky Craven fan and one race at Michigan a few year ago Craven is 8th and JJ is 9th. Jimmie's whining to Chad to tell the 32 to move over and let him by. Well Ricky didn't move over and a couple laps later just plain ran away from Johnson. Some things never change. Must be nice to be given the keys to the castle from day one without earning it.
It's like a disease....championitis....They seem to think everyone else should just move over and wave the Chosen Ones by. Kenseth used to have it but he seems to have gotten over it. Jiffypoo and JJ never will.
Sounds like they should be moving to F-1. Where if you are the chosen one everyone has orders to move over to let you pass. And Robby and JPM aren't the best ones to follow orders, so sorry Jimmie - earn it.
its obvious inthat these guys dont give up or in...they race till the checkers weather they are 1 lap down or 100...JJ should know that!
Jack Roush should put Ricky Stenhouse in McMary's car for a week or two and see who Jimmy fears most. LOL!
I don't think we'll be seeing much of Ricky for a couple years, he pissed off alot of people with his actions against Speed. He's a little punk bitch. JJ fears Robby ever being in an equal car to his. And no, JJ doesn't have the balls for open wheel, never did it, never will.
I bet he ends up at Stewart Haas.
that last race was still one of the craziest races I've seen to end a season on. You have the top 2 points contenders who end up completely knocking themselves out of the points championship, and afterwards don't even realy mention points. I loved it thats pure racing, you know the teams wanted that championship though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service