Kurt Busch (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 6th

YOU WERE THIRD AT CHARLOTTE, NOW SIXTH HERE AT ATLANTA, ANY IDEA YOU'D BE THIS COMPETITIVE HERE TODAY? "We felt like the run we had at Charlotte was a good place to start. We made changes based on the track being different here at Atlanta rather than Charlotte. All in all, that was the core setup. We polished on it from there. There are a couple of things that we're thinking about right now that we would have liked to have had. That's better than normal. Most of the time, we're scratching our head because we're so far out of the box. It was a really good run with the Miller Lite Dodge. We led laps; we were competitive. I think that's the key work that (car owner) Roger Penske likes to use -- we were competitive. No matter if we won or if we finished 10th, we had a good day today and brought it home in sixth."

WERE THE LATE CAUTIONS AGGRAVATING? "You knew they would be coming. I've seen this race go heavy cautions at the end. I think Denny Hamlin had problems with a fuel pump last year, spun his tires and a bunch of guys went every which way. So we knew we were going to have to put up a fight. We just didn't quite have the right adjustments made on the last pit stops.

Ryan Newman (No. 11 Kodak Dodge Charger) Finished 16th

"We struggled for sure. We started the race just really loose. I don't think that I ever raced a looser racecar than that in my life. I fell back a bit, got back on the lead lap and finished in the top-20. I wish it was a 200 lap race because we didn't achieve much from lap 201 on."

Pat Tryson (Crew Chief, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger)

"It wasn't too bad. We got track position and just stayed a little too loose all day. We just couldn't get enough grip to run with the first couple of cars. Overall it was a good day for us. We ran top-five most of the day and came up sixth."

Robby Gordon (No. 7 Jim Beam Dodge Charger) Finished 19th

"It was a good day for us. We had a fast racecar. We had a pit road violation which probably cost us the Lucky Dog and cost us a top-10. Not qualifying here on Friday (rained out) hurts a team like us because we have to start so far in the back. We fought all day long to get up to the front and I'm happy with the overall result. It was a good point's day for us which is really important. I think we moved up one position in the owner points and that's really important as we continue to stay in the top-35. Outside of winning one of the next three races, staying in the top-35 is the single most important thing for us to do."

Elliott Sadler (No. 19 Ronald McDonald House Dodge Charger) Finished 25th

"A frustrating day for our McDonald's Dodge. We struggled with our adjustments all day and just never got the handle on our setup. We really struggled with our changes from Saturday's practice to Sunday's race. We'll keep working on the communication between Rodney (Childers, Team Director) and try to get better."

Bobby Labonte (No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge Charger) Finished 26th

"We were way off today. I was slipping and sliding so bad, it was nuts. We could just never get a good grip on the track.

Kasey Kahne (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger) Finished 33rd

"We just got way too loose early in the race. We got our Budweiser Dodge tightened up with some adjustments; we were just pretty far off from the start of the race."

Juan Pablo Montoya (No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Charger) Finished 40th

A STRONG RUN TODAY UNTIL THE PIT ROAD MISHAP AND THEN THE CRASH THAT PUT YOU OUT OF THE RACE; WHAT HAPPENED?

"I think Brian (Pattie) did a great call at the beginning. I was tight in the center and forward bite. He elected to focus on the forward bite. And he helped it. It was a struggle for the first 10 laps of a run and then just got better and better and better. We had a top-flight car at the end. We decided to take tires (during the 8th caution). I think most of the people came in and took tires. It's annoying, because you could say we shouldn't have taken tires because we were wrecked. I think it would have cost us if we hadn't and was the right call. I came out one lane and I think Bowyer was fighting for the lucky dog and he came down and hit us. It's kind of stupid. I came out one lane and he was following another car and just came down and clipped our front tire.

THE NEW GENERATION CHASSIS; WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCE HAS IT MADE?

"It's exciting to see where everything is heading and the teams is heading. We're a lot closer. In my opinion, we're still not there, but today shows where we the team is heading.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, no quotes from the dinger ?
Should have, AJ was the second best finishing Dodge. 3rd best performing Dodge behind Busch and Newman
That kid deserves better in every way imaginable....he has been one of my favorites for years, even when he struggled in ChampCar....he's the real deal....
I guess when you're out, you're out. Shame though. The Dinger put in a pretty good run - better than everyone they did interview other than Kurt.
Happy to see Robby move back up to 34th on owner points with 105 point lead over 36th. With three races to go, he is in good shape to finish in the top 35 in owner points and be locked into the first 5 races in 2009.
Not qualifying here on Friday (rained out) hurts a team like us because we have to start so far in the back.

Ummm...Where does RG think he starts when they hold qualifying?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service