Want to get opinions on which track would be the "best" one to see a race at next year. I would like to limit it to the first half of the year. I would like to take my wife on sort of a small vacation. (She is the one in the picture at Robby's souvenier hauler at Darlington this year). We would like to go somewhere that puts on a good show AND that RG can get a decent run. My (our) experince has been limited to Charlotte and Darlington in Nascar and she will go to the ALMS at Road Atlanta. We are in South Carolina so some place away from the southeast would be a plus. Our only race plans for 2009 is Darlington again (it is 10 miles from work).

What has the experience been like at Vegas for the fans?

Fontana?

Can you see the action at Sonoma?

Any other obvious races I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jim

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

'Dega baby!!! 'dega!! I have been to Richmond, Charlotte, Martinsville, Dover, Loudon, Darlington, and Daytona, but if I could only go to one race a year, it would have to be 'dega!!
i agree dega rocks
i live in so cal but have only been to fontana once because i have heard from every body that goes is that it is really boring and i can see that from watching it on tv.the time i did go was tickets from my work i was in the Irwin tool suite above the pits and it was great i got to meet robby wandering around the suite area and had my picture taken with him.(my avatar).
also got a garage tour and free scanner for the race and a autographed die cast of jamies 26 irwin car.what a great time.
to bad about wanting to get out of the southeast because talladega amp energy 500 was awesome. best time i ever had.
going to bristol next year.good luck in your search.California is a beautiful place to visit but not to see a race but lots of other things to see and do.
Fontana sucks.

Ensenada first weekend of June. Baja 500. Stay at the Estero Beach Hotel.
http://www.hotelesterobeach.com/
You probably can find somebody on this board that can get you out somewhere cool to watch the action race day.

Fly in and out of San Diego. Take the wife to the zoo and Sea World.
That just might be my dream vacation
Vegas is great!!!!!! I went this year and it was fantastic!! Have been to Sonoma (Infineon) and thats a big NO, can't see much, hot, dry, not very fan friendly..i agree about having to be a mountain goat, it's like a racing marathon, not for the out of shape that's for sure.....and I went year after year, it was the track closest to me and easiest to get to but I only went to watch Robby race. Vegas I would do again in a heatbeat, rent a car with GPS and plan on getting very little sleep.......
Fontana sucks, Phoenix is good. Go back East, Dega is a party, I would like to visit a short track.
Fontana sucks and really its too bad... its kinda the same as ontario was back in the day! Riverside was actually the best track we had out here!!!! Ive been to sonama and it rocks! You can walk around and watch from many different places and really its the track where Robby has the best chance at a win! To see him run the track was really one of the high points in being a fan of his! Plus it beautiful country! The drive up is amazing! One of my best road trips of the year and I look forward to it ever year! Ive heard chatter of a track being built out here in the desert......
Well I'm a little partial to my local track here in Indy...I don't want to get into the fact the race sucks live (although everybody should go once) and tire issues (The open wheel race kills NASCAR)..

All that said.....My Favorite track...

NUTHIN like a race at Bristol.....period........plus you could some bitchin mountain cottage or something for vacation (if your in to that stuff)..I would strongly urge those who haven't do and I think those that have would agree. You run the risk of having to wear a snowmobile suite for the first race....and you've never seen stinking hot until you've been to the night race....I guess that kind of sucked for a sales pitch.....but the race is worth EVERY bit of it.....
Tony Stewarts nuts??? Eeeewww! (I'm sorry - I just couldn't resist that.)
Im with you IndyTim.... I would like to attend Indy as well as Bristol! Just to soak up what those tracks have to offer! BUT, For my money as a fan of Robby... There is no other track better than Sonoma hands down! He seems to get some sort of vibe when he is in Cali and on a road course! Hell I think he could kick ass on that track running his TT... Just saying....
I have season tickets to Bristol and I think there's nothing better. If you can make it, Bristol is definitely the choice. Atlanta is pretty cool as well. Infineon would be cool, plus you could make a real trip of it and stay in Napa or Sonoma and go wine tasting. That romantic angle might go over will with the Mrs. Good luck and let us know where you go. If you go to Bristol I'll definatly be there in my Robby gear!

BTW. How is Darlington? That is a place I would love to see a race!

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service