Geico has to leave the Nationwide series next year. They seem to be a quality sponsor that doesn't want to leave NASCAR. I wonder if they would want to move up to Cup? Seems like it would be a good move for them (a bit more expensive - but a great way to get more coverage). And if they want to go wherever Mike Wallace goes...then maybe RGM could woo them both away from Germain Motor Sports. Mike is pretty impressive (currently 8th in points) for a one car Nationwide series operation. And everyone loves the Gecko - they have great commercials! The Insurance companies can move to Sprint Cup and the cellular companies can move to Nationwide. Seems like the only way to get around this silly non-compete contractual stuff that NASCAR is doing that's screwing up good sponsors/teams.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now B. France is slapping himself in the forehead and saying,"Why didn't I think of that?" In other words, great idea!
Thanks! I hope RGM is knocking on all kind of doors for next year. He would really do a lot better as a two car team....I know it's easier said than done.
Great idea, BUT, I doubt it will fly, BECAUSE, Crapcar didn't come up with the idea themselves!!!!
...As Helton comes by and slaps Brian France upside the head....
NASCAR does a lot of things that shoot themselves in the foot lately.
Yeah--I'm still trying to figure out how Gibbs got by the Crapcar rule in Nationwide with Farm Bureau Insurance? They weren't grandfathered in so you have to wonder if some $$$ passed under the table so Nationwide would look the other way.
Didn't Dario Franchitti have an insurance sponsor on a NW car recently? I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. :) And if Geico sponsored a car for RG, they wouldn't have to spend that money on the irritating caveman commercials(JMHO). I like the lizard much better.
Hmmmm, you are right....how DID they pull that one off??
hmm.. Geico could move up to Cup. I see that happening. Mike could pimp himself out for a cup ride with funding.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service