Robby Gordon (No. 7 Menards Dodge Charger) Finished 40th
“We’ve broken (rear) gears here the last three times that we’ve raced here. I don’t know what’s going on. It’s disappointing. We had a decent racecar. We’ll take this car to Phoenix (International Raceway) and run it again. We’ve got some work to do on it. We were running decent. We were running inside the top 20 and that was our goal. You’ve got to be there at the end. You just have to stay on the lead lap. What was it, 13 or 14 cars on the lead lap at the end? We were on the lead lap, doing what we need to do until the gear problem.”

Kurt Busch (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 36th
“Two out of the last three races, we’ve had part failures and the one race we didn’t, we finished in the top-five…that’s pretty much a statement for our season. Today, it was the right rear brake system. I don’t know exactly what happened, but something in the bleeder was off when we pitted. I felt the brakes get really spongy and when we pitted, fluid was spewing everywhere. NASCAR wouldn’t allow us to cap off the line and sent us to the garage to repair it before we could go back onto the track. So we looked at the rest of the race as a test session trying big changes. Like a lot of guys, we had right-front tires problems. I popped two right-front tires and had to pit under green twice. That just drove the dagger through the heart as far as today’s race goes. The way the fronts (tires) were popping, I was ready to park it after the second time. We were probably running too much camber as usual.”

Sam Hornish Jr. (No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger) Finished 34th
“It was a tough day. We probably should have about been two laps down at the end of it. Three cars popped a tire right in the same corner which was pretty unbelievable. Then it wore through the sway bar arm and we obviously had to come in and fix that. I feel that we had a better car than what we had here last time but still not where we need to be. The guys on the Mobil 1 Dodge worked real hard to get me back out there in as little time as possible and that probably picked us up three or four positions by how quickly they got that fixed and got us back out there. Obviously those aren’t the kind of ups that you want to look for but you’ve got to find a positive in a negative day.”

A.J. Allmendinger (No. 10 Tow Truck in a Box Dodge Charger) Finished 15th
“It was a good start to the first five races that I’m going to be in the 10 car for Gillett Evernham. I think that we learned a lot throughout the race. Martinsville is a place that I haven’t had much luck at, it’s almost kind of new to me. We had a good racecar. Our pit stops were great. With where we were pitted, we just couldn’t get track position; we got blocked in a lot. It was good day overall for our Tow Truck in a Box Dodge.”

Elliot Sadler (No. 19 Best Buy Dodge Charger) Finished 41st
“There’s no explanation for that (clipped from behind by No. 8. on lap 196), anybody that would misjudge it that bad. That’s probably the hardest hit I’ve ever had in racing. Thanks to our new safer barriers and the safety we have on our car. We had a top-10 car easy, easy. It was one of the best cars I’ve had here at Martinsville. It’s just a shame we couldn’t run the whole race. I don’t know what he was thinking. We all know that he is a weapon every week and we try to stay away from him, but that time I just didn’t give him enough room.”

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elliott Sadler always has to talk trash about someone when he gets wrecked. He needs to get over himself. It's not like he's never wrecked anyone because I can think of several this year, such as wrecking 3 times by himself at Atlanta or wrecking Tony Stewart on lap one at Darlington or wrecking half the field at the first Dover race this year.
Sadler is such a tool.
Agreed
I don't know he keeps a ride. I still believe Hermie is a better driver/racer.
It's all well and good being able to outpace other cars. He's outpaced a lot of cars over the years but that doesn't often get him points.....!
If he could just outpace that bad luck gremlin!
Man you just don't ever know about this stuff. 75 points is not a lot. 1 flat tire or engine problem and he is on the outside looking in, having to qualify on speed, which all of us know is not his strongest quality.
It must suck to try and get sponsors right now in these hard economic times when you might not have a locked in spot for the Daytona 500. Damn!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service