Awhile back when RGM and GEM looked to be locked into a courtroom battle as we had found out the GEM was going to buy RGM and then they chose to back out and sue RGM for something that later turned out to possibly be just a way for GEM to back out of their end of the deal. Most of hear where looking to put Ray's head on a plater.

I posted that Ray is a minority owner of GEM and it would have been the Gillett's that would have been sueing RGM not Ray. But still most thought what had happened was Rays doing. Well by reading this artical is looks like Ray might be out of his own company completely. As Ray states it "That's largely up to the Gillettes,'' Evernham said if he would remain with the team. So to me this just shows you who is really running things and maybe its Gilletts deal to go to Toyota that has Ray on the fence. Also this might be the first of what these buisness partnerships might look like. It was a trend to get big buisness to buy into your teams, and that could be the death nail in the long run for some of these teams as these big buisness dont nesissarly understand NASCAR.

Link; http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/harvick-spices-feud-edwards-pettys-...

Evernham thinking about leaving GEM? Ray Evernham, who has a minority share in Gillett Evernham Motorsports [#9, #10, and #19], said he was not involved in the decision to release rookie Patrick Carpentier. Evernham stressed he's a minority partner in the team and hinted maybe that role could change to not being a part of the team. "That's largely up to the Gillettes,'' Evernham said if he would remain with the team. "I want to help Mr. Gillette, and I'll do whatever I can to help him be successful, but I also want to pursue ... I'm enjoying my life at ESPN. I'm enjoying a little bit of semi-retirement. I want to help as much as I can, but I also want to make sure I have creditability with the viewers and that's important to me.''(Roanoke Times)

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not much Ray can do being the minority go along or get out
You are absolutely right---Ray is just a name on the door and has been ever since the Gillettes bought in. I find it kind of amusing that he has no say in what happens in the company that at least still has his name on it. Regardless, I am still not a big fan of his.
Likewise, didn't Michael Waltrip sell the majority interest in MWR to his investor?
bad press gettin to ya Ray?
When the rumors started about GEM and TOYOTA I knew right then that Ray-Ray was no longer an influence.
I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. KARMA
Yep KARMA can be a b****
Why is Evernham considered to be so bad?

Is it Atwood? He was a guy with a bad attitude, just ask Armando Fitz about that one, or any of the other teams he drove for save Brewco. He was younger at Brewco and had yet to develop his issues. Jim Smith had enough of him even before one season is over, and Jim is a guy who dealt with a young RG more than once.

Is it Mayfield? Dont even get me started on this guy. He burned bridges at every team he worked with. He also cheated on his original wife, and do you know how she found out things were over? Oh yea, while leading at California the tv crew talked about and showed Jeremys new "girlfriend" on top of the pit box. Ooops. You should have heard the negative thigns the hauler driver for the old 98 Cale Yarborough team had to see about him.

Is it the RGM deal? Do not for a second think that Ray had anything to do with GEM courting RGM, or dismissing them. The deal started and ended with the Gillette family.

So whats everyones beef with Evernham? The Erin Crocker deal? What else?

I dont care much for him either way, but I find it silly so many people are so down on him on this site.
Agree....
Nikal,

Dave Moody said today that George Gillette is 99% sure GEM will be with TOYOTA next season. Moody speculates that move will coincide with GEM's buyout of Bill Davis' Cup operation and most likely will bring to a close the relationship of Gillette and Ray-Ray.

It looks more and more that Ray-Ray is being tossed off the island.
I think Ray is getting tired of the whole deal anyway. Being undermined as a minority partner and not being given a coive in the decision making process has got to get old too.
One more thing: Everything I've heard or read says that the GEM Bill Davis deal is off. If that is so it would be pretty difficult to get everything on track to go to toyota next year just from a start-up situation. I don't think Toyota will help them that much anyway. Compere Hamlin and Stewart with Chevies and with Toyota and there is a drop off. Only Kyle Busch and the Nationwide program have benefited. Manufacturers can't help dysfunctional teams.
Moody says the GEM-BDR deal is the key to GEM going TOYOTA.
Moody is right a whole lot more than some of the rest.
Ray is very dedicated to DODGE. IF DODGE remains a viable entity, I can see Ray working as a consultant for one or even all of the DODGE teams.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service