"Did You Notice? … How much famous drivers charge simply to talk to people? While doing some research, I stumbled across this site allamericanspeakers.com, which matches up motivational speakers with an opportunity that fits for them. So, I started poking around and before I knew it, I was browsing the names of famous drivers and figuring out how much their time would cost.

Did you know … that to bring Joe Nemechek into your favorite birthday party or college event, it’s going to cost you between $10,001 and $20,000? Shockingly, he’s going at the same rate as Chaser Kevin Harvick, who’s had a whole lot more success on the track to speak of. No offense to Joe, but how can you be a motivational speaker when you haven’t been motivated by recent success?

Here’s the ultimate kicker, though: the most expensive driver list on that website isn’t Harvick or former drivers Mario and Michael Andretti. It’s – get this — Robby Gordon. That’s right, for the discount price of $50,001 and above, you can get Gordon to speak at your special event! How in the heck could Gordon be worth $40,000 more than Harvick; does he throw a helmet at the crowd or something? And keep in mind these guys make a living on the race track, not in front of a microphone. How polished are these speaking appearances? Wouldn’t you like to see someone like Robby speak for one hour in front of a crowd?"

Here is the site he was referencing: http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/sportspeaker/Sports/Auto-Racing/...

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe he overpriced himself so no one would hire him. I can't imagine he'd have the time to be a motivational speaker.
Good point! Or maybe he wanted to see who had some $$$$ for future investments.
If that were the case, don't list with the company.
i think i would rather have Ashley Force
Or Carmen Elektra
Or for $12.99 and lunch you can get Michal Waltrip
If MW is there, she won't be!
that's great!
I hear he's seen at a Chili's in the Charlotte area often, maybe you just need to buy him a beer...but then take his keys since he's been known to run off roads.
It's funny, there are 4 people on that list that "charge" $50,001 and up for an appearance:

Brian France (NASCAR doofus)
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (active Sprint Cup driver)
Darrell Waltrip (FOX idiot, former Winston Cup Champion)
Robby Gordon (active Sprint Cup driver)

Yet, they only mention Robby as being the most expensive driver. And what about all the drivers/owner/tv personalities/etc. that have "contact for fee" next to their name, how much do they charge. Only 23 of the 78 "Auto Racing Personalities" listed had a fee listed.
"Contact for fee"........if you have to ask, you can't afford them. LOL
Dylan Ratigan from CNBC did the piece......

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service