Paul Newman, the legendary actor and Racing Champion whos, good-humored charm and advocacy of worthy causes made him one of the most renowned figures in American arts and Motorsports, has died of cancer at his home in Westport, Connecticut. He was 83.

Paul Newman's handsome face and solid acting made him a popular and respected film star. He died Friday, according to spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic.

RIP Paul.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul Newman is one of my favs. Always wanted Robby in one of those Newman Haas cars. Paul did a lo of good things outside of racing and acting. He will be missed.
About a month or so ago, knowing he was going to die, he rented out Lime Rock Park for the day and went racing in his Corvette. Terrible loss for motor sports today.
He wouldn't need to rent it ........he owned a minor share in it. He will be missed by many.
A class act. A real class act. He will be missed.
I worked for Cosworth from 1985 to 1992 and first met PLN at the CART season opener at Long Beach in '85. For someone of his stature, I have never met a more humble man. A genuine nice guy who seemed more at ease sitting on a couple of tires in a corner of a garage, sipping a beer, just bullshittin' and bench racing like a regular guy.

If it had wheels, Newman would put his race face on and drive the hell out of it. Even if it was a charity kart race, PLN wasn't above punting your ass into the tires if you blocked him.

At the '92 season finale at Laguna Seca and knowing I was leaving Cosworth and the CART circuit, I bought a Newman-Haas cap and shirt and Paul signed them for me. I've never worn either and have them stored away. Thanks, Paul.
I was racing in the SCCA NARRC runoffs at Lime Rock today when word of his death reached us.
His last race, to my knowlege, was at this event last year. He won his (GT-1) race from the pole...
Today, the GT-1 race started with pole position empty in honor of PLN.
Hollywood guys who love racing are ok with me.

I thought Tom Cruise aka " Cole Trickle" gave up his love for racing until I saw the photos of him at California this year.

Rest in peace, Paul!
Another of the good guys gone. Sad indeed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service