From the Petty board, a poster reports from Claire B's show on XM...

"CBL said "I don't know if anyone else caught it, but I think I just got a scoop that I haven't seen reported anywhere else. Patty just said that God had closed a door at Petty Enterprises, and this will be Kyle's last race for PE."

WOW! Im shocked if this is true. Kyle out at PE? Not just out of the #45, but out of PE? WOW!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great person..........shitty racer
Actually it would've been the 1992 championship that Kulwicki won. Rusty Wallace would've won in 1993.
My parrot would be better in the booth than DJ.
Kyle is really good in the booth. Hasn't been good on the track since 95 to be honest. The rumor is that AJA will have that ride for next season....poor AJ
If it is true, then I wish him well! He will be a bigger asset in the booth! Good luck Kyle
Having been a fan of Kyle's since his first race, I have to say, I will be saddened, but relieved too. It is time to retire ad I agree, te booth is the perfect place for him. Actually, I think my guppies would be better than DW or DJ.
No official comment on the Petty Enterprises website and just buzzing about the above statement on Kyle's site that is similar to this one. Is it true or speculation??
Kyle has been an ambassador to this sport just like his father. He has paid dearly for his love of it with his son's life. He took that tragedy and turned it into something good with the Victory Junction Camp. I encourage everyone to see this wonderful place the next time they are in the Charlotte/Randleman NC area. I see he is now opening a 2nd camp in Kansas. God bless him for his charitable efforts.
Personally I would love to see a retirement tour so many of us can say, "Goodbye". My thoughts and prayers for his future endeavors. I too think he would do a great job in the broadcast booth.
I,ve since learned from Nikal that Patty made similar comments on the "The Morning Drive" yesterday morning.

If this is true, at the surface it appears that this wasn't Kyle's idea.
Good,or bad results...it'll be a sad day in nascar when there's no Petty in the field.
I have to agree with ya Mike, the thing is Kyle's heart has not been in it since Adam was killed! I think Kyle is a true class act but it is time to hang it up! Just wish it was on his terms no someone else's
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/rumors/post/Kyle-Petty-can-t-leave-N...

Don't know if anyone saw or remembers the rumors from back in the summer. The above article, esp. the last paragraph, gives a general overview.
Thanks for the article.
I can't say I didn't see this coming.
Everybody wants an investor... be careful what you ask for.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service