Hutchens has worked with Gordon before, at Childress’, and Hutchens knows well the issues that would be involved, the pluses and the minuses:
“My take on Robby is that he’s probably one of the top four or five just raw-talents in the garage, in car-control.
“But he has some issues racing around these guys at times. And unfortunately being a one-car team, he’s limited in resources and time on the track testing, and that just puts him at a bigger disadvantage….which means he has to do things in the car to try to make up for that.
“And in this day and time that all just makes it very difficult for somebody to compete at the level we’re at in here.”
So could Gordon work within a team, with teammates?
“Can he do it? Yes,” Hutchens said. “Does he have the ability to do it? Yes.
“Can he go out there and do it week after week, I think that’s the question.”
And, if these reports are correct, finding that answer may soon be on Hutchens’ to-do list.

The rest of the article is found here: http://independenttribune.net/index.php/sports/jnowcomments/robby_g...

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a huge fan of DEI, but if making some sort of merger or real deal with them makes Robby run better, I'm all for it. It's gotta be a real deal and not these pseudo deals that he appeared to have with Ford and so far with Dodge.
you guessed it, bump
You just wanna see Rob back in one of those damn Fords don't ya?
Thats retorical, no need to answer.
I bet Menard is going to Yates...and I bet Robby is not......

I think DEI is probably his best shot...Unless he merges with Penske..which I doubt and which brings us back to the whooole Dodge suck ass deal...
It's gonna be a loooong winter...
i bet we all have it wrong. go bowtie it powers the best. you are the best rg
Robby needs to move to a Yota or back to a bowtie. Been Hearing some rumors, but nothing official yet. If he can merge, and I mean a full on merge, with a well established team there is no reason his talent can't get him into the chase.
I blame Walt/Frankie(and Robbys constant personnel changes) for the bad runs with Dodge this year. I wouldn't mind seeing us have a few teammates to share information with in the future.
Any rumors that you can comment on?
In the comments on that article they say that RG was offered the #11 prior to Jason Leffler being given the ride. Is that true???
Kind of. What I understood was that Tony wanted Robby to be his team mate. Robby was the front runner until Robby caused that big mess at New Hampshire in 04 that took Tony out of the Chase. They then selected Jason Leffler who is a good friend of Tony's

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service