Here it is.... The reason why RGM has taken a nose dive since May.

RG knows he is going to lose the team due to the deal with GEM. So he works out a deal with Menard to purchase another team. So he is trying to drop out of the top 35 to hurt GEM.

it was more of a tounge in cheek post.....

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there has been a lot of speculation that Menard may go to Yates??
that's great for RG to screw Jim Beam and other sponsors, the fact is the 7 organization sucks and it's the boss's fault. he's got team's that have missed races (84, 22, 66) ahead of him, and to all the 55 bashers, well, he is next week.
like i said speculation. personally dont think robby would want that. RGM is his.
I really hope he does a major team overhaul before next season.
RGM is done, and Robby may very well be without a ride, what a bonehead
Coincidence that Walter came on board about that time? Like you guys said, its not all Walter's fault, but the team sure hasn't been running any better after Frankie was canned. (After an 11th, mind you)
Well Garrett...it's not Walter's fault. So what if you miss the setup at Pocono twice, Michigan twice, Indianapolis, Bristol, Richmond, and well..pretty much every track since May with the exception of the road courses and Dover. But even the RCs this year were stupid, even for RGM standards of idiocy.
hope he kept a residence in OC, he's going to have a hard time finding a ride if RGM does go under
Maybe the deal Robby made with GEM at the begining of the year stated that the #7 must be in the top 35 for the sale to be official. Now with the #7 not in the top 35 the contract is void.

Who knows? All I know is this is the 3rd race in 2 months, and 4th race this year where I have heard electrical issues are the problems their having. I dont know who is wiring these cars, but thier really basic compaired to the off-road stuff. RG does not have issues with the TT, Dakar Hummer and his prerunners. Same guy who wire his off-road stuff does mine. I've never had electrical issues, Ever! Acourse the guys who wire this stuff are top notch. To wire a TT or top notch off road car will cost $8 to $10 grand easy. I was told at Fontana as this exact issue came up that the guys that work in the NASCAR shops wiring car get less the a grand to wire a car. Closed to $500 to wire a NASCAR car. Their basic and the industiry is saturated with guys, so the teams dont pay much to do this kinda stuf.
A case of you get what you pay for maybe? my husbands friends do the video cameras for the Baldwin and McBeath cars, they do outstanding work and have many years of experience in electronics. It seems off road quality is better in most every way since they take a beating and have to be better.
The hottest rumor on the mill right now is Robby is intentionally tanking these races so his team will be worthless when GEm is forced to buy it, and the John Menard and RG will buy DEI retain Truex and Menard (obviously) with RG being the third driver. Smith and Almirola would be out in this scenario. Also it has been said that GEM is who pulled out of the sale when they found out they could purchase BDR cheaper than RGM, thus the "I'll make my team worthless and you'll still have to buy it for what was initially agreed upon" attitude. Kinda makes sense to me it would make RG's recent strange decisions/performance a little more clear.
The only thing I see questionable about this is that I don't think Truex would of re-signed with DEI knowing this... assuming he knew the possibility of a deal. It always seemed Truex didn't care much for Robby. Kind of like when Sadler left Yates because of the "direction" Yates was going(selling to Robby). I would like to see this happen though and get back to that RCR connection(sorta) that I kind of wish he didn't leave in the first place.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service