Ray told Dave Moody on Nascar radio today that the new Dodge motors are far behind schedule. The new motors slated for real time testing in cars not in the chase were scheduled to be ran before the sesaon ends. Ray commented that the new motors will not be ready before seasons end, and there is a chance they will not be ready by Daytona!!! As for the reason, he hinted at reasons further up the food chain.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion, thats whtat Ray was hinting at...
So since there appears to be a delay in the new engine, does anyone think that Robby sticks with Dodge next year? I hope he does. RGM needs some consistency with the Manufacture. Plus I'm sure it costs a lot of $$$$ to switch and RGM can't afford to do that right now. Thoughts................?
He needs to get in good with PENSKE. Penske could put Robby back on track.
I agree. I think Robby could help Penske get back on track as well. David Stremme isn't exactly a championship driver.
No offense, but no RGM chassis if they are to get any real tech support from anybody...
What is Penske doing in Cup that separates them so much from GEM? Kahne and Sadler are doing just as well as Busch and Newman.
I don't know but maybe he hasn't alienated the crap out of Penske yet. I'm pretty sure the Captain would let him know where he stood pretty quick.

BRR
Has anyone ever really benefited from a partnership with Roger Penske, other than Roger Penske?
Robby needs to leave Dodge its a sinking ship. Its time for Robby to start listing and trying to do everything from the drivers seat. I'm a huge fan of Robby it just makes me sick to see whats going on. Right now Robby and the Team are HORRIBLE. I don't know what they need to fix it. If they don't get it right for Saturday night that could be the end of RGM and Robby Gordon.
Yeah well, Rob isn't getting crap from Penske now is he Gray? He's getting crap from GEM, thats what seperates them. IDK about any other changes, but I'm all in on the bet that Rob doesn't use GEM motors next year....unless some miracle happens in the next 10 weeks. Besides Penske gets their motors from Jasper, so it would be in their best intrest to help make a deal happen. It would put more Jasper motors on track. As for the chassis, if RGM had a REAL technical agreement with another team, the in-house chassis would be looking a lot better.
Again, based on the performance of the 2, 12 and 77, what benefit could come from RG dealing Penske?
Let's face it the only teams that really have a handle on the COT are Hendrick, Gibbs, Roush and Childress. Probably, Childress and Roush have the best handles across all their car teams. So if Robby is going to be a satellite of anyone, it should be one of those two. Will it happen - I think not.

If power or fuel mileage is still a problem with the GEM motors, then definitely the switch to Jasper makes sense. As far as technical issues with the chassis, some one needs to spend some bread for high power computer simulation computer to determine the best setups for each type of track. That way the only race day variables are wind speed, track surface condition and temperature.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service