ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 Jim Beam Dodge Charger) Finished 37th

“A tough day for our Jim Beam Dodge. We had a very good car here all weekend and to finish where we did is a little disappointing. We had an electrical fire inside the car that burned the wiring near the tachometer. I looked down and saw smoke coming from the dash – then a puff of flame. I grabbed my water bottle and poured it on the fire to put it out. It was crazy.”

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger) Finished 9th

”It was a great all-around weekend for us. We qualified third and ran ninth. We were in the top-10 all day. We just got loose in the middle part of the race and lost some track position, but fought back there at the end of the race. I’m proud of my Stanley Tools guys today. I’m disappointed that we couldn’t make the $1 million donation to charity – the Children’s Miracle Network. I let Stanley Tools down with that. It was a great day for everybody and I’m looking forward in moving on to Bristol next week.”

RODNEY CHILDERS (Team Director – No. 19 Stanley Dodge Charger)
“We tried a little bit of this and a little of that and nothing really got it (the car) going. There at the end, we made some changes that we knew would help on a short run and was able to finish in the top 10. The car was good all weekend. We just couldn’t get it really good when we needed it.”

PATRICK CARPENTIER (No. 10 Tow Truck in a Box Dodge Charger) Finished 30th
“The car was amazing at the beginning of the race, was really fast. It was actually easy to keep up with these guys and just started getting looser and looser and looser and got so loose from entry of the corner to exit I was sideways, so I was kind of dirt tracking the whole race. It’s just sad. We had a good start and held on it for quite a while and didn’t finish where we wanted. I don’t know what happened.”

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger) Finished 40th (Kahne returned to complete 30 more laps before retiring for the day).

DID THE ENGINE LET GO? “Yeah, I had a problem right when I pulled into the pits . It happened real quick. I did all that I could do in the car to see if there was anything wrong with the switches….all the gauges looked good. We just had something break inside the engine, something real small, but big enough to take us out.”

HOW UPSETING IS THIS CONSIDERING WHERE YOU ARE IN THE POINTS? “I’m upset because I thought we had a car to finish inside the top-10 today. We were working on it all the way from the 32nd position. We did a lot of good things and this is a good race track for me and the whole team. To have a bad race is disappointing with the points, but it’s what it is. We’ve got three (races) to go and we can still definitely make the Chase.”

ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT HOW FAR THIS MAY DROP YOU IN THE POINTS? “I don’t know where we’ll end up, but I don’t think that we’ll get hurt too bad. We’ll probably drop to 11th or 12th, maybe 13th. We’re not going to be far from 12th. It’s going to be very attainable to get into the Chase. We’ll just have to have some good races.”

ENGINE PROBLEMS ARE UNCHARACTERISTC AT GEM, DID YOU HAVE ANY WARNING? “No warning at all. I haven’t had an engine problem in three years at Gillett Evernham. (Gillett Evernham) does a great job, but something broke inside the engine that ended our day.”

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to know how Robby can have an electrical fire in the car and how ESPN didn't care enough to at least mention it.
Why would "they" want to give RGM any coverage at all???? It's not a road course and even that isn't going to matter soon!!!!
Still it was such a freakish thing to happen and considering the last time Robby had a fire in the car, you would think it was a story worth telling....
I thought Robby had an in-car camera yesterday. Would have been great TV to see him putting out the fire while driving (even if he isn't in the chase or a threat to win). If only ESPN had been paying attention at all.
Agree, with The Chase it's all about those in and those on the bubble. The flip side is you can gain a ton of exsposure with a win in the these remaining races. Robby has a chance at Dega (his finishes at plate tracks this year (8th, 11th and 6th). New Hampshire (previous winner), and then who knows.
no tv is not very surprising. what RG didn't say was 'we were pretty good to start with so we worked on the car until it was slower, combined that with a couple of mediocre pit stops to work our way off of the lead lap, then we had a fire ...'
So the question is what was different from Sadler's setup at the race end versus Robby's and Carpentier's. Someone knows and should be talking.
my understanding is (based on NO REAL knowledge) that after driving GEM chassis a couple of races, RG went back to his in house chassis so the shared data deal went no where.
That may be the real problem with Robby's chassis. Maybe they don't adjust good and the GEM chassis respond to adjustments. I don't know but I have tired of hearing we had a good car, we had bad luck over and over again. You make a lot of your luck in this world. Maybe Robby has gotten rid of all of the guys that really knew how to make the cars work and has nothing left but "yes" men. I don't want to believe that but the team is in a terrible downward spiral that they desperately need to reverse.

BRR
A freekin' electrical fire? What the hell is going to happen next... the car gets hit by lightning?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service