Robby Gordon Michigan Preview

Charlotte, NC (August 14, 2008) – Robby Gordon and his No. 7 Jim Beam team head to Michigan International Speedway for Gordon’s 18th career cup start at the two-mile, D-shaped oval track. Gordon’s No. 7 will once again carry an in-car camera for Sunday’s ESPN broadcast, giving fans an opportunity to see what goes on in the cockpit of the No. 7 Jim Beam Dodge.

TV and Radio Times – Qualifying is set for Friday, August 15 at 3:40 p.m. (ET) on SPEED, MRN, and Sirius Satellite radio. The 200 laps of racing action begins on Sunday, August 17 at 2:00 p.m. and will be broadcast live on ESPN, MRN and Sirius Satellite radio.

Michigan – “We’ve had some bad luck this season and have lost some ground in the point standings despite bringing good race cars every weekend. I can’t say enough about our team members; everyone is working hard to help recover our lost ground,” said Gordon. “Heading to Michigan, I am confident that the No. 7 Jim Beam Dodge will be a contender this weekend. We were really fast in practice the last time we were there and we have learned a few things since June.”

Appearance Schedule – Robby Gordon will be making several pit stops this weekend before starting Sunday’s 200-lap event. He will be at the Jackson Menards at 3588 Page Ave., Jackson, MI 49203 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, August 15th. Immediately following the Menards appearance, Gordon will be at Jerry’s Pub for a Jim Beam appearance. Jerry’s Pub is located at 650 Egan Highway, Brooklyn. MI 49230. He will also be available for autographs at his souvenir trailer on Sunday at 10:15 a.m.

Notes
2008 Season
Gordon made his best finish to date at Daytona on July 5th. He finished 6th.
Gordon finished 2nd in the Prelude to the Dream.
Gordon was the runner-up in the All-Star Fan Vote.
Gordon is 29th in the driver point standings.

(NOTE: NO MENTION OF GEM MARKETING AGREEMENT LIKE ON HIS PREVIOUS PRE-RACE RELEASES)

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
The RED planet ! That's for you TOG!

Maybe some of this.

" I am confident that the No. 7 _____will be a contender this weekend. We were really fast in practice the last time we were there and we have learned a few things"

How many times have we heard this line? Will try to stay positive but after the last few weeks it is getting harder.
Thought that was a good one too, Contender, wow, might have to get out the cup after that one-pee test. Glad to hear they have learned a few things, now if just Hendrick, JGR, Roush, and all there few hundred employee's each, have all been on vacation the last few months, we'll be in good shape.
Contender? A top 25 would feel like a win based on the performance since Walter came on board.
Positive vibes... kick ass guys.
Have a good feeling this weekend Robby will do better.
Dont' read to much into the GEM marketing agreement or the mention of switching to dodge at the begining of the season.. they weren't in last weeks pre-race statment either.
Just curious why they stopped putting that in there Press Releases and now hearing rumors of Robby not happy with GEM. Both road courses he was a no factor due to fuel mileage. Several other tracks he's way down on horsepower.

Funny thing is he's pretty good at plate tracks.
Like I said in a post after last weeks shambles, Robby and the team will be hurting and angry. An angry driver is a fast driver and qualifying backs that up. I think they can give it a go on sunday.
Now I'm not saying they can win but I bet they can hold down a lead lap finish. 16TH !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service