Ok, so the Glen should have been a good race for the team. Hell, we as fans have had it good over the past few years with top fives here but this was a nightmare today.
Do they now go hell for leather at Michigan and try and bounce back or do they fall into a slump (worse than what they have been in over the past couple of months) and drift out of owner points?

I remember that Michigan used to be a good place for Robby to go. What's the deal here? is it engine horse power and fuel mileage that have kept him from doing well over the last few visits here or is it that the whole package for this kind of track has just gone missing ?

I think there is a chance they might have a go next weekend. They will be hurting after the Glen and angry. An angry driver is often fast.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Work only on qualifying setups from here on out on Friday practices. I think if he can get some upfront starting spots,it will change the morale on the team come race day.Today was like taking another drink when you are already drowning.
Yup. Theyre at a point where they have to fix one thing at a time. And starting 30th is a huge recurring issue. All the upbeat moral that the team tries to create, flies out the window at the end of Friday qualifying. Just look at the responses here. Two days before the race everyone "has a really great feeling about this weekend!!!!!!!!" and then Friday afternoon/evening it switches to "so, is this going to be another one of those weekends".
An angry driver may be fast but he is restricted by the car. If RG went for horsepower over fuel mileage at the Glen, I'd hate to see the horsepower on the fuel mileage engines. I don't care what the dyno says, the engines are crap and Watkins Glen proves it. What next? Look for a better engine package for next year.
it will be interesting to see when the # 9, # 19 and # 10 pit next week. Bet they go longer than RG. (I know it's a safe bet!).
I'll tell you folks I believe a lot of this is how Robby drives not necessarily the engine.

BRR
Whats next? We hope and pray that the 7 does not fall out of the top 35 and will be racing in Daytona next year.
I hope that they go on some sort of run here late in the season (not so much for points only) if they do the points will take care of themselves. I want to see some excitement around the team and amongst the fans. Better spots mean more money for the program and make it easier to find sponsors. I just really wanted to have Robby in the Shootout next year. I think winning a race this year is still a goal at this point. Talladega is around the corner and he had that won last year until he got hit by a flying shrub! I think it's still a possibility but the rc races and plate races are the main ones that the driver can make a big difference and the plate program has been strong. It's the damn mile and a half cookie cutters that they can't seem to figure out. What happened to the "Thing" that they had found that would help them in the weeks to come? I always buy tix to the Oct. Charlotte race and now it's time to do so and I'm not sure I want to witness the pain first hand!
Yesterday sucked plain and simple! Yes, there was a time when Robby owned the Glen. Fast foreward to yesterday! The simple fact is that RG will not listen - to anyone! If someone disagrees it's his way or the high way! The second big issue is that he will not let his CC be his CC! Before he races I would love to propose that they tape his mouth shut! I for one had huge fears that all the hype was going to bite him in the ass, and I was right! I hate being right sometimes!
It's called hand signals. one finger works real well..
How about if Walter just ignores what he's asking for? It's not like he'd be in a position to do anything about it. What's he gonna do, get out of the car and make the changes himself?? I think Walter needs to tell him that unless he lets him do his job, he's walking. If Walter is a decent CC, this is ruining his career also.
Rob's had plenty of capable people work for him, that don't anymore. Take a look at Gene Nead, with Biffle. No, they don't have any wins this season, but they are consistant,& almost a lock for the chase...& thats with a Ford Fubar!
Walter will do the same thing when he goes to a better funded team with drivers/owners who treat him like a CC, & not an order taker. I'm sorry, I hate it, but Rob IS his own worst enemy (hope he has LIT loaded up in the cd player today), he's in a hole, panicing,& digging deeper.
I've said it before,& I'll prolly have to say it again. Rob needs to concentrate his efforts on sponsorship. Fund the shop,& stay the hell out of it. Don't lay a finger on the damn cars, till he has his driving suit on.
He should also have his radio "programmed" to only be able to answer the question from his CC, "How's the car running"??? and that is it!! The rest just don't matter!!!!!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service