Today is the day on track activities begin for Robby at Watkins Glen. Remember, RG is running the Jim Beam colors in both the NW race on Saturday, and the Cup race on Sunday. Qualifying for the cup race is today, and qualifying for the NW race is tomorrow, european style.We will have video highlights later today from The Glen, so stay tuned.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cant wait for a good race from our boy, finally here
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USNY1528?from=36hr_t...

Watkins Glen radar showing scattered showers, not bad, currently cloudy. Looks like it will be good for qualifying.
You know that RG's luck demands a downpour right before he goes out and quals are canceled. Robby starts by owners points.
To All:
I know Rg will do well, or win both races this weekend!!!
The reason,,,I will not be watching or wearing any team colors! We are taking the kiddies to Disneyland!!!
Enjoy all and good luck team!
if it rains can he come from the back for a win???everybody has stepped up there game on road courses.
it is not like it used to be.the regular cup guys have really improved there road course programs.
also the ringers are be provided with better equipment.
RGM really needs to show something this weekend or sponsor money is going to go way of the dodo.
this is just my opinion,i could be wrong.
Did you guys read that nascar said they will not run the cup guys in the rain, only the nationwide cars!!! WTF? i actually enjoyed the rain race it reminded me of the old days of IMSA.
Of course he can come from the back-- he's done it every time, sometimes more than once in the same race, just ran out of race before he got to first or got brake-checked by Stewart on the restart.
Yep, wot she said. ;-)
If you want to track the rain at the Glen here is the link:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php
slap on dem rain tires !
From the radar it looks like practice will be washed out but qualifying could be a chance to get in.

I'd much rather have qualifying available than practice, atleast Robby shook the car down at Atlanta so he would have a better chance than most at the pole.
First, I'd even be surprised if they ran the nationwide cars int he rain this weekend. The problem with Montreal and Mexico City is that they're public parks, where if you were to postpone the race until monday you'd have to deal with a lot of red tape. Infineon and Watkins Glen are private racetracks just like daytona and pocono and michigan etc. Its no problem to postpone the race a day and run it a day later.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service