...what it feels like to be Robby!
Screwed by NASCAR Marcos??
Canadian gets the lead and WHAMMO! Red flag, race over.

I feel for ya man. You had the race won. But then....
As a Robby fan we can say straight faced to you... "Been there, done that, got the T-shirt".

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karma baby....
Yes, Karma is a bitch, right Marcos? His whining gave me a good laugh and was the only bright part of that race. Was it just me or was that race incredibly boring? I wasn't digging the racing in the rain, seems like everyone was afraid to really try to race. That track feels too tight and narrow to me, maybe racing in the rain at one of our tracks might be more fun to watch? We'll see next weekend at the Glen if it rains I guess.
That track is narrow. Leave it to the F1 guys. I was at the 1995 Canadian GP at this track and it was really cool. Jean Alesi won in a Ferrari. It was his first and only F1 win and he carried the # 27 which Gilles Villenuve was famous for.
NASCAR has Daytona. Leave this place for F1. It just seems wrong seeing stock cars plunder around on that track.
I so agree. I feel claustrophobic just watching them race there.
Marcos thought he was getting screwed by the PTB Down Here when he actually had it pretty good, so to get screwed like that is... well... ironic justice.
Felt bad for Marcos. I don't dislike him, although I thought he made a huge mistake not taking Robby up on his offer to try to qualify a 2nd car in Cup the following weekend.

At the end of the day, all these guys should realize that when rain threatens, you gotta be running up front at all times. Even if the sun comes out after it rains, it takes Nascar soooo long to get the race restarted, that a second rain storm moves in.

The guy that really got screwed was Villenueve. Still, it was sweet to see some new guys at the top of the leader board, instead of the old Cup mashing the Nationwide guy, which is usually what takes place.
Marcos was ready to qualify in the RGM #77 last year at Watkins Glen. That qualifying was rained out.
hate to say it, but that whole thing looked alot like a big publicity stunt to me. RG trying to buy a little good will??
Oh I'm sure it was all about goodwill and making Robby appear to not be a jerk. And it worked pretty well.

But who knows what might have happened if Marcos had been able to qualify, and they both ran well in the race?
I think if he made the race and ran well, you would have seen him in a 2nd RGM car frequently. Marcos seems to have no trouble attracting sponsors.
Only prob is Marcos, like Boris has a contract with Ford. I don't think RG is buying anybody out of their contract...this season.
Chatting with some "mates" from "down-under" last year, there was a behind the scenes move afoot by FORD to try and arrange a marriage between Robby and then WB/JTG. Len Wood and company was the hold-up and JTG soon after split with them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service