Just wondering if any of the PlanetRobby members are going to be at the Pocono Race. I know it's a boring race, but it's close to home for me and I've got free tickets! (Can't beat that.) I plan to be at Robby's souvenir trailer in my UPRISING t-shirt - after all, I ordered it and two days later, the site was gone (I hadn't even gotten it delivered by the time the site was taken down). Thought I would see if RG had any comment on that!
If you're going, let me know - maybe we can "meet up."

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi RGFan/Kim - Pocono is near to me (about the same as Dover) Never been to Dover, but was at Pocono in 2004 - missed Robby, had a miserable time. No fan access, most of the drivers didn't even show at the merch. trailers. Robby cancelled his because of circumstances beyond his control. Restroom were clean, now I understand they have attendants who want tips (read that on RuR) Parking sucks - if it rains you get stuck in the mud. Access roads are impossable and impassable. We had lost our rental car and asked guards for help and they said "after the race." We found it, got in and left before the race was over and watched the end on our TV in the hotel. Which, by the way was in Stroudsberg - 30 min. dirve from the track at over 60 mph. NEVER AGAIN. Joan
I'm going to qualifying. Was at the 2nd race in 2006, a 2 hour ride home took 6. Getting out is impossible unless you leave early. I also bought an uprising t-shirt a week before it went down, probably wear it any way to qualifying.
I go every year, just because it's close. (about 20 minutes)
Won't go if bad weather and may go early to try to meet RG and leave really early if he's not in contention for a win. It's something different to do on a Sunday in August :)
I wouldn't mind going to Pocono, just because I haven't been there before. But I've heard nothing but horror stories about getting in and out of that place, the parking areas, everything.
I'll be honest - I have never had a problem getting out. We've always stayed until the end and then walked to the car. I just stuck my nose out into the line of traffic and worked my way in -- we're usually out of the parking lot within 5-10 minutes. It's getting in that takes forever!
Can't make it this year because the guy that usually gets my tickets is quite ill. I'm hopeful I can get back there next year. I'm not expecting much out of the #7 anyway.
yes its close to me to about 45 minutes. i don't have tickets but i usually take the kids up to practice/quals. i been to that race twice, we usually stay til the end and watch all the trailors go and then when we finally do get out we go to dinner somewhere. not sure if we are headed up at all this weekend.
I have two free tickets for Saturday (Arca race and cup practice) if you want them Shana - or anyone who may want them.
I live a half hour away from the track but I'm not going for QF or the race.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service