Robby Gordon #315 - Stage 4 Quotes

"We started off second and we got through some really gnarly, silty stuff. We went over a dune and it was just straight down with one right end to it. We idled into it just enough to tip us over the front, honestly, five miles an hour probably, it wasn't a big rollover. Except it put all the weight of the vehicle on the front, broke the windshield and flopped it on its roof and we had to wait for new radiators to get to us. It was a long wait."

"It's been a disappointing rally for us; we expected so much more. The first day I was too conservative and this dune I went over just a little too much, so we can't find a happy medium I guess. The rollover was honestly five miles an hour. It stood on the top for a while and I thought it was going to come backwards, but it just flopped over. It wasn't that dangerous except for the fact that we were on the other side of the dune. It was probably five to seven minutes before Peterhansel got there, so we'd already put some gap on him, but that doesn't do us any good now."

"You know, we just needed to have a good day today. I don't know what's going wrong… Like I said, we've just had a horrible rally so far this year. I don't see a bright side coming, because it's going to be a long ten days. Last year we were so good most of the rally and this year we started off conservatively like I did last year and it's just been unfortunate. We haven't been able to put it all together."

"We've got the team, we've got the cars, but I guess the drivers are making mistakes. It's just unfortunate. I think we're going to have sit back and see if it really makes sense to continue or not."

Views: 3474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I simply won't speculate on what is paid for and what is not and team moral and risk VS. reward ......and all that.........it's not my place to make a comment one way or the other. If I was having a handful of sponges soaked in vinegar pressed in my eyes and made to give an opinion I would have to say Robby Gordon has been through 5 lifetimes for most in the happenings of a racer both good and bad and I would say I've never heard the Phrase "that's enough" or "the straw that broke the camels back" or any other such reference to reasons for withdrawing (nazicar $$$$ not a valid point) it was always continue, find another way, etc.etc. so I'd have to say if you want me to take a stand.............More Sponges.....what do you call that ??? I call it refreshing.......I simply won't give an opinion other than to say look at the track record.......there's no person on earth who has thrown as many punches..........win lose or draw the Man is a legend.

I'm here waiting to see if Toyo Tire posts something on YouTube . Other call ins have usually been posted by now . I'm thinking there won't be 1 this time . Robby is probably helping with the truck or just unwinding and getting himself composed and ready for tomorrow . WE'RE STILL BEHIND YOU ROBBY and WON'T GIVE UP SUPPORTING YOU !!!!!

fingers crossed.

+1

Hope they continue. Fight, but getting beat up just plain sucks and why go back for more. I love how racing test your will and determination. There are no guarantees and no lucky rainbows. Everyone knows the consequences for the positives and the Shitty times.

Its racing shit happens. We all built up our own expectations all knowing there could be 1 million different outcomes but only predicting one...

Stage wins in the future. All or nothing

What if Robby had been going 20 miles per hour not 30 when he crested that hill. What if Robby had reverse on the first day. What if the GPS was working properly yesterday.

So in the end give up, take your ball and go home. Sorry to say a kingdom of money has already been spent at what cost is it to stay in, perhaps for a last time. I've said this before, if will could win this race Robby would have won it already.

None of us can make that call, but we wish for it cause we know how much he wants it.

Gas on Robby !!!

Bummer of a rally for Robby and team. Keep your chin up and go get em in Stage 5, RG !...

Robby ,keep gunning it mate , your hummer is awesome to watch eating up the desert . Suspension, top speed and durability and the dakar for me wont be the same if you quit . You know off road anything can happin,those dunes are so difficult to read your skill averted a possible bad incident with only a slow roll over .So foot to the wood and sort out those others with some stage wins and we all know the potential of your beast so enjoy unleashing her . That big downhill last year ,best off road footage I've ever seen ,lets do it again. Good luck

i am sure when he said that he was frustrated but i know i never say things i don't mean when i am mad (ya right) . my daughter had a bad day driving yesterday to so that's why i didn't post yesterday , no she did not end up on her roof and her and the kids weer all-right. just remember a bad day of racing is still racing.my2c is robby catches a grove over the next few days and finishs in the top 5 overall . go team speed were still with you.

Any word yet if he's going to continue?

Robby is now a businessman and has to weigh the exposure factor against the expenses. I run my own business and wouldn't blame him for packin it in and hit it hard in 14....The King Of Hammers and Parker are just around the corner! See ya in the DEZ

I fully understand the business side, but after the comments about Nasser I would hope he stays in. Sometimes you have to spend a little for the long term health of the franchise.

Quitting will validate Nasser quitting last year...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service